Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More movies on Essential

lkbaker61

how come TMC Dont play movies like" Come Back Charleston Blue, Cotton Comes to Harlem, Amistad; Uptown Saturday Night; Stormy Weather; Nothing But a Man; For Love of Ivy; Buck and the Preacher, and Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars. does movies like these only play in Black History Month. Would love Essentials to play some more ethnic movies.

Very scrupulous non-standard English. I am impressed.

TCM has shown Buck and the Preacher, Amistad, Watermelon Man, A Raisin in the Sun (ok, maybe too mainstream for you), Great White Hope (ok, also probably too mainstream), Lilies of the Field, Cry the Beloved Country, Do the Right Thing, Bird, A Soldier's Story, Shaft, Shaft's Big Score, Shaft in Africa, Darktown Strutters, and, if I remember correctly, Superfly. Not necessarily during Black History month (now devoted to 30 Days of Oscar).

TCM also particularly features films by Charles Burnett, like Killer of Sheep, and My Brother's Wedding.

So keep an eye on the schedule. Many of these films will repeat. Eventually.

I would definitely like to see Sweet Sweetbacks's Badasssss Song, and Cottom Comes to Harlem, and anything else with Godfrey Cambridge.

I want to mention IMITATION OF LIFE (1959) which was shown on TCM last week, only because JAUNITA MOORE was so darn good in that movie, so believable !

Even though she was nominated for an Academy Award for best supporting actress, clearly she should have Won that Award !

Twink