Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM DVD catalogs a no show?

tcmfan4ever82!

I've found out awhile back that TCM has yet to make their annual DVD catalog; the last time that they were able to do so was in 2011 I believe though I could be wrong. It's become very difficult to find any online since some websites suggest that their either out of print or currently unavailable; I feel that making those DVD catalogs would prove to be an invaluable asset regarding sharing & appreciating all things classic (if anything it would be just a start for all the right reasons). I wonder if there is any reason why the website is unable to make any more catalogs or does the production come from a particular internet site...does anybody know?

I believe the catalog was a joint effort with the company: Movies Unlimited. I saw often many instances of what seemed to be joint efforts and cross-promotions between them and TCM. I do not recall seeing any of recent date. Perhaps the nature of the partnership changed.

You're correct. The TCM catalog was basically the Movies Unlimited catalog and other than a different cover and some internal customizing for TCM the content was the same. My guess is those catalogs were pretty expensive to produce and TCM just didn't sell enough of them to make it worth continuing. Even though some people found it to be a useful reference source, a lot of folks balked at paying ten bucks for "just a catalog".

MU still publishes their version of the catalog which is available at their website [moviesunlimited.com] and still handles order fulfillment for DVDs and other TCM merchandise.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings