Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IT'S THE 18th OF JUNE. SEPTEMBER SCHEDULE WHERE ARE YOU ?

cody1949

> {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}I've been wondering where the September schedule is too. I hope they're not making any BIG changes.

> So far all of my normal methods of querying the schedule are turning up zip, zilch, nada.

Wow, now that's saying a lot! You always do such a totally rockin' job of sniffing out most if not all of the schedule ahead of time! Much appreciated by the way!!! But wow...I wonder what's up! Maybe tons of early Paramount and Universal pre-codes????!!! I can dream, why not dream big! :):)

> {quote:title=obrienmundy wrote:}{quote}I hope it appears soon. I am also waiting for July's Now Playing magazine to arrive.

I received my July issue a couple of weeks ago. Paul Henreid is on the cover.

> {quote:title=Fishmier wrote:}{quote}I wonder if the person who does the data entry to update the schedule information is out on vacation.

Could be. Or it could be the schedulers got tired of me stealing their thunder and just have the thing hidden where I can't get to it. It is their prerogative.

> {quote:title=cody1949 wrote:}{quote}Yes, but they are ruining the fun and excitement we have every month.

Yes, they are. So let's hope there is a good reason for this delay - like maybe an archive will be visiting and showing some rarities and TCM doesn't want to post anything until it knows exactly what is on the menu.

I hope it's not a bad reason, like a format change. Though that would be particularly ill timed given that TCM's 20th anniversary is next year and they've already announced 20 guest programmers that month in celebration. If TCM is about to go down the road of AMC or Fox Movie Channel, what would those guest programmers be expected to appreciate? Shrek Four or Iron Man 3??? Blechhh!

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=calvinnme wrote:}{quote}I've been wondering where the September schedule is too. I hope they're not making any BIG changes.

> > So far all of my normal methods of querying the schedule are turning up zip, zilch, nada.

> Wow, now that's saying a lot! You always do such a totally rockin' job of sniffing out most if not all of the schedule ahead of time! Much appreciated by the way!!! But wow...I wonder what's up! Maybe tons of early Paramount and Universal pre-codes????!!! I can dream, why not dream big! :):)

What HE said.

Here's an amusing thought not to be taken seriously. Perhaps, calvinme, they think of you as the Eric Snowden of TCM. Your service to us fans is wonderful. You do not put our country in any danger by what you are divulging. I hope they will allow you to continue your service to us. Asylum not necessary.

I knew it was coming. It's seems to happen at least once a year. The schedule isn't out when people expect it and the speculation starts that TCM might be changing formats and going down the road that AMC took. All it takes is one comment and the boards can go postal with predictions of Armageddon. Give it a rest folks, TCM is doing just fine.

From time to time a schedule gets held up because TCM is trying to clear the rights to some films or otherwise working on something special and doesn't want to announce the schedule until everything is locked up. It's also summer and maybe some of the program staff are on vacation. I have no doubt that on September 1st the sun will come up and TCM's format will be just the same as it is today.

> {quote:title=jamesjazzguitar wrote:}{quote}It was my understanding that the hang up in releasing the schedule is because TCM is trying to get Paula Deen to host their Race and the Movie series.

Where did you get this understanding?

musikone

TCM has just announced their new series The Story of Film: An Odyssey will start Sept 2. This series will include many premieres and the best of almost anything ever made in the movies.

now i may be reading too much into the delay regarding the availability of the Sept schedule, but i'd lay dollars to donuts that TCM was keeping the wraps on the entire Sept schedule because of the breadth of the new series and the speculation that might follow Calvinnme's advance print of the movies being shown during the first month of the new series.

since TCM has now announced the movies being shown alongside the new series' regular episodes, i'd think the Sept schedule will be available soon (but my bag of tricks still shows nothing after Aug 31-that's through June 27). when TCM does make the Sept schedule available, it will be time for Oct's list to be available. i don't see any reason for Oct to be delayed, but you never know.

so calvin, i think your going to be a busy schedule leaker over the next few days.

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}T

> I Am Curious, Yellow. I never thought that would turn up on tv! (LOL). Guess I'll see what I missed......

I know that is the more popular of the two movies but I prefer: *I Am Curious (Blue)* (1968).