Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Doris Day Interview

Paulio

To those who might be interested, Doris Day did a new interview (2 months ago) with Nancy Sinatra for her radio show on Sirius. It begins airing today and the details are below:

Dear Paul,

Doris and Frank in "Young at Heart"

You may have already heard that I did an interview with Nancy Sinatra for her SiriusXM radio show. Nancy has a wonderful program on Siriusly Sinatra, Channel 71, called "Nancy for Frank." She does great musical retrospectives of her dad's career, and she just loves interviewing people who worked closely with her father, as I did on "Your Hit Parade" and the film "Young at Heart."

Nancy and I talked for a long time back in April, and her producers have done a great job putting the show together. There will be two programs, each three hours long, of music -- both Frank's and mine. Nancy will pair a rendition of one of my songs alongside Frank's, and it should be fun listening since we often interpret these songs so differently. And in between the music, Nancy and I chat, tell stories and reminisce about the "good old days." I had fun doing the interview and I know you'll enjoy the conversation.

The first show will air on Sunday, June 23, from 5-8 p.m. ET and will be repeated on June 25 at 3pm and again on June 27 at 9 p.m. ET.

The second show will air on Monday, June 24 at 10 a.m. ET and will be repeated on June 26 at 6pm and again on June 28 at 12 p.m. ET.

I know not everyone has SiriusXM Radio, but if you're interested in hearing "Nancy for Frank," you can download a free trial subscription from the [sirius website|http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8RaI6%2Bh7aNCjbqhZV%2FHnG7qCPvsd0drO].

> {quote:title=Hibi wrote:}{quote}Did anyone listen to the interview? Unfortunately, I dont have Sirius....

I've heard part of the first show. Ms. Day sounds just as youthful as ever, as if she had just stepped out of YOUNG AT HEART, which she discussed first with Nancy Sinatra. Ms. Day told some good anecdotes about making the film with Frank, speaking in glowing terms about Nancy's dad. It's wonderful to hear Ms. Day again. She's bright and articulate, giving the listener exactly what you'd want in an interview.

The Nancy Sinatra show is very entertaining, but it's definitely mostly music, with just small pieces of the Doris Day interview sprinkled throughout. Still, they've done a great job of choosing some very good Day-oriented songs, both Doris's own renditions and versions of her well-known hits by others.

(I wish I could more easily hear both of the two Nancy Sinatra shows, but unfortunately, I won't always have XM available during the times the program is on.)

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings