Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some Movies I'll Watch This Week

darkblue

It's been a while since I had any interest in what TCM's been showing - then all of a sudden I get 3 in one week.

Tues morning - 'An American Dream' (1966)

Thurs wee hours - 'A Fine Madness' (1966)

Friday afternoon - 'Cannery Row' (1982)

'Cannery Row' is actually mistitled as it's much more based on 'Sweet Thursday', which was a Steinbeck sequel to Cannery Row.

> {quote:title=darkblue wrote:}{quote}It's been a while since I had any interest in what TCM's been showing - then all of a sudden I get 3 in one week.

>

> Tues morning - 'An American Dream' (1966)

> Thurs wee hours - 'A Fine Madness' (1966)

> Friday afternoon - 'Cannery Row' (1982)

>

> 'Cannery Row' is actually mistitled as it's much more based on 'Sweet Thursday', which was a Steinbeck sequel to Cannery Row.

I've been wondering as to whether or not I should DVR American Dream. It sounds like it could be either great or terrible in the way so many mid 60's films can be. Have you seen it before? If so, why did you like it?

Of the three you list, the only I've seen is Cannery Row. In fact I haven't even heard of the other two. I looked them up and they sound intriguing, although, as Calvin m says, mid-60s films can be a gamble, they can be either great or terrible.

...although I assume, since you think they're worth watching, that these two must be the former. B-)

I see that Joanne Woodward and Janet Leigh are both in A Fine Madness. That's good to know, I like them both, particularly Joanne.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings