Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948) film

tcmfan4ever82!

This is perhaps one of my favorite classic films from Hollywood's Golden Age of the late 1940s...Letter from an Unknown Woman. I'd first seen this romantic drama a few years ago and since then I fell in love with this underrated but awe-inspiring classic; I'm happy to learn that it will be featured on Tuesday August 6th @10:30pm EST as part of TCMs Summer under the Stars tribute to Joan Fontaine. If you have yet to see this starring Louis Jourdan, I highly recommend that you take the oppportunity in doing so because it is worth viewing; the cast is superb under the direction of Max Opuls and for me its one of those treasure troves that truly deserves a cinematic recognition (I'm also very grateful to find out that it's available on DVD through the shop.tcm.com website)!

It was one of her favorite roles along with The Constant Nymph from what I've read......

I've heard that, from a costar of hers in that picture whom I knew years ago. She believed it was because of Charles Boyer, who she said was a dream to work with. She said they used to wait for him to come in every day and jump all over him, they loved him so much. I guess it can make all the difference. But her performance in it was great and she may have liked it because of that too.

I remember reading in her memoirs her saying that Boyer and Astaire were the only actors she worked with that werent concerned about themselves. Their first priority was the film not trying to make themselves look good..........

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings