Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Searching for title of movie seen on TCM

mooseymooska

Hello,

I saw a movie years ago and had actually found the title and downloaded the movie after purchasing online. My husband accidentally deleted it and we cannot find the title for the life of us. I'm guessing it was from the 40-60's I think in BW. It went like this:

* A man's friend dies suddenly at a young age

* The dead friend calls him on the phone to tell him that he should come to this company that faked his death

* There was a trophy on the mantle and I think it had a phone number on the bottom under the felt

* The man goes to the office of the company which was located in a meat packing factory

* He agrees to join the company which will fake his death (he really has no choice because they won't let him back out)

* He has plastic surgery and is sent to live in Monterey as an artist (I remember his face being totally bandaged up and he is unwrapped by a nurse)

* He is unhappy and they do surgery and relocate him a few times

* He is never happy and in the end the surgeon puts a drill to his head and said something to the effect of "Too bad, his was my best work yet"

Thanks in advance for any help!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings