Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anthony Quinn suggestions

Ztay

One of his movies that doesn't get much airplay is "Blowing Wild." I believe it was one of his first movies as a leading man, sharing the screen with Gary Cooper, Barbara Stanwyck, and Ruth Roman. I love his character in this movie. No surprise, but everyone in the cast is wonderful.

Terrence.

Where to start, there are sooo many. But, try :

"Only the Lonely"

The Chris Columbus comedy with John Candy that reteams Quinn with Maureen O'Hara. She and Quinn first co starred together back in 1942 in "The Black Swan" then in "The Magnificent Matador" and "Sinbad the Sailor" and then in "Against All Flags". OtL is late in their careers but it's fun watching two old pros together for the last time.

Two excellent Westerns and under rated..

"Warlock" with Henry Fonda and "Last Train from Gun Hill" with Kirk Douglas.

His Academy Award winning performances ..

"Viva Zapata" with Brando and "Lust for Life" with Douglas again...

"Barabbas" is a tour de force for Quinn as the thief that the crowd choses over Christ to be saved.....

I don't think anyone as of yet as mentioned his portrayal of Omar Mukhtar, the Bedouin leader fighting the Fascist Italian army in the years leading up to World War II in 1981's Lion of the Desert.

(...I don't think he was ever better...as was Oliver Reed as his arch-rival Italian General out to capture him)

> {quote:title=Dargo2 wrote:}{quote}I don't think anyone as of yet as mentioned his portrayal of Omar Mukhtar, the Bedouin leader fighting the Fascist Italian army in the years leading up to World War II in 1981's *Lion of the Desert*.

>

> (...I don't think he was ever better...as was Oliver Reed as his arch-rival Italian General out to capture him)

I'd forgotten about that fine film. You are so right about Quinn and Reed.