Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM schedule request

William

I would like to see a note on each movie scheduled something like this. "The actors are not speaking english". It would be a lot faster to my own list of movies to be watched.

I don't watch silent movies or non english speaking movies because I have never figured out how to watch the movies and read the dialogue at the same time. Especially when the printing is on the same color background.

Ever try to look in the Database to try to figure out if the actors are speaking english? It's evidently a secret.

The TCM database pages present with the major sections of: "Brief Synopsis" and "Cast and Crew" and "Additional Details". In the "Additional Details" section is a list of technical details of Rating, Release Date, Color, Sound and many more items.

If a movie has no spoken dialogue then the entry under Sound will be: "Silent".

Another technical detail in that section is the Country of origin. I believe it should be assumed that any movie made in a non-English-speaking country will be in a language other the English. The exceptions will be those prints which have been dubbed into English.

Edited by: SansFin on Jul 1, 2013 12:07 AM to remove stupid error

> {quote:title=SansFin wrote:}{quote}

> Another technical detail in that section is the Country of origin. I believe it should be assumed that any movie *not* made in a non-English-speaking country will be in a language other the English. The exceptions will be those prints which have been dubbed into English.

SF, I think your meaning requires the deletion of the bolded "not."

I'm sure you mean: 'any movie made in a non-English-speaking country will be in a language other the English.' That is the way most film buffs prefer it, in the original language, with subtitles.

> {quote:title=ValentineXavier wrote:}{quote}

> I'm sure you mean: 'any movie made in a non-English-speaking country will be in a language other the English.' That is the way most film buffs prefer it, in the original language, with subtitles.

I thank you for the correction.

It was a case of poor editing. I began by stating that: "any movie made in U.S.A., Canada" and then I decided it would be better to say "non-English-speaking" than to write all countries where English is spoken and I forgot to remove the not which you saw.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings