Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Happiness Ahead was the very first movie she made! Other movies that I have seen her in are : Oil for the Lamps of China (that is a goody!), Story of Louis Pasteur, Son of Frankenstein, Cass Timberlane. Her last movie she made was in 1970.She died about two or three years ago.

Guest blondiechic

I saw a movie around november or december of last year. it was about a princess from somewhere in Europe. She was on a plane to America and she kept taking sleeping pills from everyone on the crew of the plane. She took too many and couldn't be woken up. So, one of the crew members, a man took her to his house and let her spend the night. She didn't tell him she was a princess and the fell in love. Finally, he asked her to marry him, and then she told him that she was a princess. Her father would only let them marry if the man she loved would do so under certain conditions. He refused. The princess was heartbroken, so, she managed to get him back and they eloped. Please tell me the name of this movie, I enjoyed it a lot and would like to know the name so that I can know when it comes on again. Thanks!!

I believe the name of the movie you are looking for is Three Wise Fools. In the beginning of the movie, the curse of the Irish is laid on three men. I think one of them was greed. Later on, Little Margaret O'brien (the daughter of the man who laid the curse) goes to live with these three older gentlemen, one of whom is Lionel Barrymore. She sees the fairies in the tree in the backyard and convinces Lionel Barrymore of their existence, but the other two men attempt to have him put away. By the end of the movie, of course, they believe and all is well.

Guest CoffeeDan

While Nick Clooney was still working for AMC, he decided to check this out. He later wrote a column in the Cincinnati Post about it. He actually sought out Andy Williams and asked him if he sang for Lauren Bacall in TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT, and Williams replied that he and his brothers were working in radio at the time and didn't even come near the Warner Brothers studio.

Guest sinatras

I saw a notice the other day that one of my husband's favorite old actresses had passed away. Now I can't remember who it was. I'm not sure which day she died, but I believe it was early this week. Can anyone help me? AA

Guest cornetto

It was a film set in Germany after World War I. A former French soldier comes to live in the house of a man he had killed in the war --- living with the man's parents and widow I believe. It was a great film and I'd like to share it with my friends.I believe the film was made in the 30s or even the late 20s, and I'm not sure it was an American film, though I think it was in English, and I don't think it had subtitles but I'm not sure.It was an early film, or a foreign film -- it was the picture and sound quality of a film such as 'M'.I've been trying to find the name of this film for years now. So any help would be appreciated.

I know this is not the right place for this post, but if TCM shows a movie letterboxed, and then repeats it, will it again be letterboxed? I saw "Arabesque" last Wed. the 12th and it's on again the 20th. I have been waiting 15 years to get this letterboxed. It's a cool movie with Gregory Peck and S. Loren. I know that AMC may show a letterboxed movie, then repeat it and show it Pan and Scan (yuck)..Please hurry and help me because I have to hook up a really good VCR tomorrow to watch it and I don't want to waste my time if it's not Widescreen again..Thanks...lizard

I have this on Laser Disc and it features an incredible dance with 2 black men (the Nicholas Brothers), but I don't remember a chef. Just a women singing and then they go into their splits and back-flips and stuff. I'm sorry if this doesn't help. It was made in 1941 and features Glenn Miller and his band and Milton Berle.

To repeat my suggestion, it could be this movie. The Nicholas Brothers do an incredible dance, but I don't remember a chef....or do I? I have it on Laser Disc. I hope you found out the name...I see you posted awhile ago. lizard

Guest TCMhost-Joy

TCM has provided a place for you to ask questions and make requests or suggestions about TCM programming. Please use the Feedback link. Direct your email to the Programming department by choosing "Programming" in the pulldown menu. It will be automatically directed to the appropriate person from there. Thanks.

Guest donderbus

This movie, when brought out in Europe went under the title "Oh Cancancheros" or something simular. It is a very old movie, starring Pedro Armandariz, we believe, as the leader of a band of Cancancheros {mexican bandits}. A white female teacher is abducted by the bandits and brought across the border to their hide-out. Her lover, or husband, finds the camp, wounds the leader and escapes with the female. She gets across the border into safety but he is captured. The dying leader gives him an ultimatum, WALK along this stretch of river, if you make it you're free to go, if my men kill you from up here with their rifles then so be it. He gets killed !! The leader also dies.I would like to find out who played in this film, the real title and would it still be available somewhere.

Guest cornetto

I found the description on imdb.com. One user commented:*Broken Lullaby* is an excellent anti-war film, much in the *All Quiet on the Western Front* genre. It is unfortunate that it has not over the years received the critical attention it deserves.What're your thoughts?

Who might help me finding the title of a nice and exciting little b&w b-movie I saw 40 years ago when I was about 12?Now, this was an adventure film with a member of the -I suppose- Canadian Mounted Police, as the hero (he was dressed in the well known red uniform and famous hat).This guy was great : using his fists against bad guys, always running, jumping and biking dangerously and fast, always on the run!He was investigating an organised drug dealing case all alone and he was riding a motorcycle instead of a horse, so the action took place in the 40's or 50's.The only scene I can remember : at one time, he chases on his bike a truck driven by the drug dealers, and this truck, made up as if it was an ice-company trading one, rushes off the road per accident and falls in a I don't know hole or ditch or tree.Hero gets the load of the truck down on the ground and that's big ice loafs sliding down and he hits hard one of them with I think the grip of his pistol, and that's drugs in plastic bags hidden in there! It was so exciting, I'd like to see the movie again, help me!

Guest elisabeth_regina

About three years ago I saw half of this movie and it has always really bugged me that I never saw the rest of it. It starred Charlton Heston as a South American plantation owner with a bad disposition who mail-ordered his bride. There was also something in it about an ant infestation. If you could help me identify the movie, I'd be forever grateful.

... by Byron Haskin, starring Eleanor Parker as the mail-order bride.She was most nice and the main attract of the film, to me. Heston had to fight a red ant infestation, and the short story which inspired the movie is a pure "chef d'oeuvre" : "Leiningen versus the Ants", written by Carl Stephenson. At your disposition...JL

Guest Baxter, Tom

Can someone please help me with the title/availability of this movie. I have seen it several times but not for at least 20 years. It starts out with an immigrant who comes to America and starts a family. He eventually winds up with an early model car which he has lots of trouble keeping running. He ties up with an American gent. They eventually strike up a partnership and build automobiles. I don't remember any of the cast members names. But I do remember that they built a hard-top car called the "danton safety six". The movies star swallowed his gum during a roll-over test of the car. Thanks

Guest ScarlettOhr

There was this once Clark Gable film I absolutely love, but I forgot the name of it. All I remember is that it starred Claudette Colbert and Clark Gable. I thought it was great, and I hope I can see it again soon!ScarlettOhr