Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest TCMhost-Claire

The spelling is slightly different...and "e" rather than "a" in the second syllable. A search at the moviedatabase lists Pedro Armendariz and his son, Pedro Armendariz, Jr. I didn't see a title or alternate title called "Oh Cancancheros" or anything similar, however, all the titles are hypertext links so you can always click on likely candidates and read the plotlines. Be forewarned this could take you a while...father and son racked up over 200 film credits between them!

Guest south15

Does anyone know if the Gerald Cross that played a policeman in this movie either is Ben Cross or is related to him? imdb.com doesn't mention a connection...Ben Cross was born in 1947, he'd be only 17 in 1964 when this movie was made...but the guy sure does look like Ben!

Thanks you, Claire, for your answer, but the action of the film I am looking for took place in a more modern time, "O'Malley" is a western but my film was more an adventure film, and my hero was not riding a horse like a western hero, but a motorcycle.I must check out more on your film, anyway, but I don't know how...The bandits were driving a truck, too, not a coach. I'm pretty sure the action was in the 40's or 50s'and the film itself had been made in the 40's or 50's. Maybe a serial like one of those by William Witney? Thanks anyway...

Guest TCMhost-Joy

JL, I searched using all the keywords from your description, and searched through titles and plots of more than 50 movies, and came up empty handed. Do you remember any actors/actresses, or anything else that might narrow down the search?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

The description I saw didn't specify when it took place, which is why I thought it might be a possibility...all the others I found were definitely set in the 19th century. You might also ask in the Serials Fan Forum, as there are some very knowledgable people there who might be able to help you find an answer.

Guest TCMhost-Claire

I doubt that they're the same person...Gerald Cross was active in films starting in 1954, in what appear to be adult roles. Ben Cross started acting in 1974. I couldn't find any information on whether they might be brothers or cousins. There don't appear to be any published biographies about him, either. There's even less information out there on Gerald Cross.There is an Unofficial Ben Cross Fan Club, I don't know if the person running that site would have any additional info but you could drop him a line and see.

Guest gaspasser

Plot involves a boy, his grandfather who is ill, and a character up in an apple tree. Grandfather will live as long as the character in the tree stays there and does not come down. What is the movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

If you look at post #51 in this same discussion, there is a question about a film that sounds very much like the one you are looking for. The two replies to that question suggested the films ON BORROWED TIME or THREE WISE FOOLS.

Thanks you, Joy, for the huge searching, but I can't remember of anything else : I was so young and naive! I didn't even know actors existed! I thought I was watching a documentary film! Maybe I dreamed the whole thing! I'll sell the idea to a producer willing to make a cliffhanger just like in the old days... Then, the film will be real!Thanks again.

Could you be thinking of "You Can't Have Everything?" I just watched it about a week ago, and your description sounds very similar to a scene in this movie. It stars Alice Faye, Don Ameche and the Ritz brothers. I believe it was made in 1937.

When I was a boy, my Dad was stationed in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania in the Navy. My Mother would sit me on the back row of the movie theatre in Harrisburg (we lived in Camp Hill) and this would be her baby-sitter. Sometimes I would see the same movie over and over on consecutive days.One movie I would like to see again was about three soldiers marooned on an island. A Japanese plane crashed or landed. They ambushed the Japanese pilots, jumped on them from a tree, threw sand in their faces and captured them. They painted the plane and flew out. It started raining and the rain washed the new paint off, thus revealing the red "zeros" on the wings. The allies started shooting at the plane. One scene in the picture was comprised of a scene whereby one of the soldiers was taking a photograph of one of the others and he almost backed into a giant vertical Venus Fly Trap. I know that sounds weird, but I remember it from five years old around 1944! Can anyone help me with the title of this wartime movie? Thanks. Marshall

Guest dannasc

I believe the movie you're looking for is An American Romance, 1944, MGM, directed by King Vidor and starring Brian Donlevy. I don't think it's available on VHS. I know it's not on DVD. But since it's an MGM movie TCM should show it eventually.

Guest FligFlom

In 1964 my parents took me to a drive-in to see The Beatles in A Hard Days Night. It was a double feature, and I still remember the first film to this day - but I never recall having seen it on TV, nor have I ever been able to locate any information about it. It seems to me that it was called The Letter, but I could be wrong. In fact, I am not certain at all that's was it was called. The plot is fairly common: A man, in haste and anger, writes a nasty resignation letter to his boss and deposits it in a mail box. Of course immediately after doing so, he finds that he has been promoted and given a big salary increase. The entire movie is about his attempt to retrieve the letter before his boss can read it. Ideas anyone?

Guest Ennis, Cheryl

I would like to know the title of the film that starred Abbot and Costello in New England. There was a woman's ghost in the well and of course Abbot falls in love with her. Funny movie and I would like to know the title.

Guest L, Robin

Please Help! I saw a version of Les Miserable on TCM or AMC last year and can't find it. It was black/white, seemed very long, Valjean was sentenced and was chained to oars in a ship, the father/priest was old and kind, and it went into detail about the rose the priest gave him and he/Valjean put the design on the pottery he made. I have the one starring Jean Gabin and one with Fredric March and those are not it.

Guest Buonocore, Joe

The name of the film is "The Time of Their Lives" (1946) in which Lou and the lady ghost (Marjorie Reynolds) must find a letter from George Washington to prove their innocence.

Guest Hill, Cindy

Hi I saw all three Back Streets. The one I am looking for is the original. I haven't seen it since. I am positive that Irene Dunne played the main character. Can anyone tell me. I would like to know if it is available to purchase. She has an affair with a married man her whole life and at the end, he is dying and his son puts the phone to his ear to speak to her and also after he dies they come to her home to see her. Thanks for any information. Cindy

Irene Dunne starred in the 1941 version of "Back Street" with Charles Boyer. It's not available on video however TCM shows the film on occasion. Check the movie schedule on TCM for the next showing.

Guest LaFar, Marshall

A man is a prisoner in Germany during WWII. He is locked in an upstairs room in a house. He feigns illness to get downstairs into the commandant's study. While standing before the commandant, he reaches behind him and takes a book from the shelf and puts it in his shirt. He then goes back upstairs. To his disgust, the book his an instructional chess book. He makes chess pieces out of his daily bread and practices playing chess. Later he is released and is going back to America on a ship. On the ship is being held the international chess tournament. He is urged to enter, and wins the tournament, never having played chess before. Does anyone know the name of this movie? Thanks.

Guest nascimento, daniel

I think the film you want is based on Stefan Zweig's story The Royal Game. I saw the tv version of it in the 50's on, I believe, a show called Omnibus, introduced by Alistair Sims. It starred Joseph Anthony, who starred in and directed a handful of movies, including a Thin Man. There is also a German film based on the story, entitled Die Schachnovelle (1960) with Curt Jurgens and Clair Bloom. You can look up the latter on IMDB, but I found no listing of the tv show.

Guest Hoffritz, Susan

I am trying to remember an old movie, my details are few, there are a few child angels who want to be born to loving parents. The movie follows a few couples, whom the children-angels hope will want a child, through their trials and tribulations. At the end of the movie the angels are born and you hear newborn babies' first cries. This is an old movie, and would appreciate any help! Thanks so much