Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest A., Devin

Can anyone tell me how many Broadway Melody's and Gold Digger movies are in each Series. I would like to keep track and see them all. I keep seeing them on the channel all spaced out. Thanks to any help.

In my research I came up with four Broadway Melody films which includes 1929, 1936, 1938 and 1940. I came up with five Gold Digger films for the years 1929, 1933, 1935, 1937 and 1938. I hope this is some help to you.

Guest RED, LUCY

HELP! CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT A MOVIE THAT WAS IN BLACK AND WHITE ABOUT TWO SISTERS, THE YOUNGEST IS AN ACTVIST AND WRTIES TO A SOLDIER PRETENDING TO BE HER OLDER SISTER, IN WHICH THE OLDER SISTER IS ALREADY ENGAGED TO A MAN AT THE BANK WHERE SHE WORKS AS WELL. PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS MOVIE I JUST LOVED IT!

Guest Putnam, Teresa

This is driving me crazy. Lovers meet yearly for a long time. A movie about a couple (both married to others I think) who meet yearly for an affair. At the end the woman goes to the city(?) and ends up seeing on a scrolling marquis that her lover has died (apparantly he was some well to do person). Movie might have taken place around in the 40's.

Guest Hatchetman1945

The movie is "Unknown World" with Victor Killian ("Journey" I think was a re-make about 8 or 9 years later with a slightly different cast of characters). I remember seeing it several times as a kid in the 50's on TV and then once or twice in the 60's and 70's and haven't seen it since. I remember Victor Killian because he was on "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman" on TV in the 70's and also starred in another sci-fi movie in the 40's.."Dr. Cyclops." I also saw him in later years in minor roles in "Gentlemen's Agreement," "Oxbow Incident" and "Spellbound" after I first saw him in "Unknown World." Not bad movies to be in (even in minor roles).

Guest Lampke, Frank

I'm looking for the title of a movie with cliff robertson I believe it was made in the late 60's or 70's. Two groups of men hunting and meet in the woods. One hunter decides to shoot a man in the other group. The other group retaliates. Both groups decide to meet deep in the woods and have combat.

Guest Gumm, Frances

Looking for a Donna Reed Western! When I was really young I saw a Western with Donna Reed in which she played and Indian (or captured American) rescued or taken from the Indians by a cowboy. I can't for the life of me remember who the cowboy was, but I'm thinking it was Jimmy Stewart or John Wayne or someone like that. Now I'm not talking about that film with Natalie Wood and John Wayne and I'm going nuts trying to remember the title! Any help is greatly appreciated. :) Thanks!!!

Your probably thinking of the film "The Far Horizons" (1955) with Donna Reed playing the Indian Sacajawea. The lead actors were Fred MacMurray and Charlton Heston.

I would love to know the name of this movie I saw a long time ago. I can not remember who starred in it. The movie takes place in France, I believe, and during World War Two. It is a comedy, and it is about a group of american soldiers possibly working for the underground.. but the main thing I remember is the americans find a **** house that is attracting Germans to it, and then the women dispose of the German officers. They do so by having them in a bed.. and the bed goes up into the wall and the bodies fall down stairs I guess...MY best guess is the movie was made in the 1960's and it did have some well known stars in it. Thank you , I hope some one can help me.

Guest Carey, Liza

I am a steadfast Stanwyck fan, but for some reason this misted memory of mine can't recall a favorite film title of a Stanwyck screen-gem: The storyline is something to the effect of an identity switch on a train, in which Barbara's character places the wedding ring of a newlywed passenger on her own finger for safe keeping, and in the course of events, a rail wreck transpires, killing the ring's rightful owner. B.S. is K.O.ed, and "comes to" only to realize that she is assumed to bear the identity of the bride. She, running from a traumatic relationship, takes on the identity, even going so far as to establish a quasi-matrimonial association with a member of the groom's family (brother?), and ingratiating herself to this family while being accepted as their surviving daughter-in-law, whom they hadn't met prior to the accident. I think John Lund (?) is a key player in this drama, but I'm cloudy about that, too. I hadn't seen this wonderful weeper for many a moon, but I'd like to be refreshed as to the title and details, please, should anyone be able to assist me.

Guest Carey, Liza

Oh, yes, another fabulous film, which title eludes me, features a scene of the charming Claudette Colbert and Fred McMurray snuggling on a park bench, popping popcorn in their mouths from out of a paper bag.........Ms Colbert's character is caught in a relationship bind, as she's pursuing a man-about-town, playboy-esque character played by Ray Milland, but has a best-buddy affinity for Mr. McMurray's character, whom she ultimately chooses. The film is riotously amusing, and this comical yarn spins in the style of Preston Sturgess, although I don't think Mr. Sturgess had input in this particular vehicle. It's on the tip of my toupe', but I just can't cough up that title!

Guest Dempsey, Jo Beth

Teresa-- I am familiar with that movie also, but not the title. I do know Shirley Booth was the woman, however, if that helps. I still can't picture the guy, tho.

Old B&W movie 30's maybe. Scene is end of movie, man sitting in louge chair in back of cottage, dead wife's spirit comes down and takes him to heaven. Think star is Leslie Howard??? What is name of movie???

Guest just, s

I recently watched Sorority House with Anne Shirley (on TCM in the wee hours of the morning). While enjoyable, it was not the movie I've been looking for for decades, a search made harder by the fact that I don't know the title. This was a movie about two young girls, close friends, going off to college together. If I recall, one gets pledged to a sorority and the other does not, and this tests their friendship. There is a man on campus who has been accused of cheating (I think) who is the romantic interest for one of the girls. I can't remember whether there are two male stars or only one, but I think one was a western or cowboy type--or perhaps he was just back from service. Toward the end of the movie, the girl who was pledged to a sorority is going through the initiation process (a mild form of hazing considering the day) and becomes ill as a result. Given what I remember of the melodrama of the storyline, I assume the movie was made in the 30s or 40s but I really don't know. I'd love to know if anyone recalls this movie, the title and the stars.