Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest sepiaclassiclvr

Black Classic movies (Race Films) Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Black Classic movies (also known as Race Films)? Films such as Bronze Venus, Dark Manhatten...etc.? And why doesn't TCM air these movies on a regular basis?

Guest son, jery

Go to Spike Lee's website. He's an authority on these wonderful gems of the past. If not there, try the IDBM database. They have a listing for nearly every movie made since the talkies in l930. good luck.

Guest Youmans, Peter

I am looking for an old movie that was about boys at a boarding school that played football (Helmets without face protection). There was a rivalry between some of the kids until the end when they bound together to win the big game. THe thing that stands out about the movie was that one of the skinny boys broke a pancake eating record at the local restaurant. I know that it is not much to go on. It was usually seen late in the holiday season.

Guest MacArthur, Eric

An Egyptian setting- An early colonization process. The main characters father who was some sort of priest has died. The son does not believe in god and does not know what love is. He is supposed to marry this beautiful demure woman. A temptress says she will show him what love is. She tells him to go to his fathers tomb and get some secret writings and to break off his wedding with the demure woman. He does. He goes back to temptress and she says "is your heart breaking"..."yes" he says. "now you know what love is" she says... What is This Movie?

I saw a Jimmy Durante movie with I think a girl singing group when I was very small. I think part of it had him finding something behind a sofa and then going into a flashback I think. Can anyone help me with this?

Guest Allison, Joyce

I am looking for a title of a movie. It was during the Beach Party Craze in the 60's. However it did not star Annette and Frankie. This one was set in a Haunted Mansion. There was a lot of innocent flirtation and zaniness. I can't even remember who all was in it. If you could please help me I would appreciate it. It seems to me there was one of the famous horror stars in it, Perhaps Bores Karloff, Vincent Price or Peter Lore. The Uncle passed away and they have to spend the night in a haunted mansion in order to receive the inheritance. I think Joy McCrae was in it. Remember that was Dead head or goo goo or what ever they called him. If you could help me I would appreciate it. Please mail me at the above address. Please put (Beach Party info) in your subject line. Thanks I really appreciate your assistance

It sounds like the movie your looking for is....are you ready for this?...."The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini" (1966) which starred Tommy Kirk, Deborah Walley and Boris Karloff. It does take place in a haunted house where there is the reading of a will.

Guest garcia, Mitch

I am on a quest. I have been looking for this movie for about 2 years now. I have recuted several people on this quest. When I was a child I saw a movie where this guy comes home from war or prison or working away or something like that. He is determined to catch a legendary catfish with whiskers so thick their as thick as "Lead Pencils" thats the fishes name, he's a big o'l channel cat. The guy takes the dinner roast (looked like a good cut) puts it on a big hook, ties the hook to a rope, ties the rope to a tree, throws the roast into the river and ties a bell on the rope. After a few weeks the bell starts to ding-a-ling while he is feuding with his neighbors. The setting was in the country and it was in black and white, I do not know who is in it or anything important at all this is all iI have.

Guest son, jery

Mitch, do you know who played in this movie? I can usually find out stuff if I know who the performer is, the studio that made it, what year, etc. What year did you see this movie?

Guest Garcia, Mitch

no I do not know anything more about the movie, I wish I did. I have a feeling the actor was gary cooper, but I cant be sure, it was set in the depression I believe, the guy in the movie was feuding with the neighbors for some reason or another. he was some kind of farmer too, I think.

Guest Phillips, Lois

I am trying to find out the name of an old movie I think starring Donald O'Connor during which the song is sung either entitled or using the words "It's been too long for Oolong..." Does anyone know what movie this was? I believe it takes place in China or China town and it could be an old war movie.

Guest Nascimento, Dan

Just a stab in the dark. I recently saw "Anything Goes" with Bing Crosby and Ethel Merman. It includes a song they sing with the line, as best I can recall it, "drink a little oolong tea." The song may include the line you mention, but I don't remember it. Hope this helps.

Guest k, sandy

There's a song called So Long, Oolong by Bert Kalmar and Harry Ruby that Fred Astaire and Red Skelton sing in the musical bio-pic THREE LITTLE WORDS. Maybe that's the song, if not the film.

Guest Flood, Kathleen

Hey! I think i have your answer. I've never seen the movie, but the reason I know is because I'm a collector of old movie magazines. In one particular magazine they condense movies for you. The movie I am thinking of is made in 1939 with Chester Morris and Ralph Bellamy. Chester is holed up in this house after he has commited a robbery. At one point he is one the couch sleeping, and his girlfriend tells of these dreams he has about large raindrops that falls on him. He tries to get away form them but they eventually spring up into bars of a jail cell. Another thing about the Chester Morris gangster character is that his hand is paralized. You might have seen a later version of this movie if they redid it. You can email and I'll tell you how it ends. Hope this helps!

This was an black and white comedy/drama from the 1930's or 1940's I think. It was about an old man that was going to die but put the angel of death up in a tree. While in the tree no one could die. The old man wanted to live to raise his grandson, and not let his other relative raise him. Thank You

Guest Kathleen

The movie you are refering to is "On Borrowed Time" Which starred Lionel Barrymore, Cecil Hardwicke (As the angel of Death) and little Bobs Watson as lionel's grandson. It is a very cute story. Need anymore information...email. I have the movie so i can tell you anything about it.

Guest Dieball, Robert

looking for a movie with a secret hidden treasure the only clue is a riddle told by a young girl and that is all she says. the riddle starts out something like on chest knob is bee hive keys there, or something like that. thanks

Guest Kathleen

The movie you are referring to is called "Murder He Says" Starring Fred MacMurray and Helen Walker. I own this movie and enjoy it very much. The clue is "oneers flysis (On a horse is flies) income beesis (in a comb is bees) onchess knobess (in a knob is a key) inknob keysis ( in the knob is a key)" Need any more info on the movie just ask!

Guest Stardusty

The film I'm trying to find was a color WWII or spy genre film. Early 60's. I remember the ending. "Our" guy was inserted into an operation to find the mole or double agent. He made one trusted friend and one enemy. The "enemy" of our guy was trying to have him killed and accused "our" guy of being the traitor. The ending has the friendly guy being shot by the other and "our" guy escaping back home. There he feels terrible for having botched his mission until he learns that the guy who hated him was all along the one on "our" side. Does this jog anyone's memory?