Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest Pratt, Brenda

I am trying to find the title of a movie probably made in late 30's or 40's. A couple (pregnant wife) is stranded at a inn owned by Spanish immigrant couple. It has a "Joseph & Mary" scenario. She has the baby there, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

Guest surfscon

There was a short on CM on either 12/30 or 12/31 or 1/1 that was entitled something like A roadway Brevity and featured I think Betty button or someone like her and an amazingly versatile specialty dancer. Can anyone give me any information about this short film? Thanks.

Guest Spires, Ranae

Can you please tell me the name of this black and white movie? This movie was about a soldier that receives mail from a young lady not known that the young lady is only in her teens and pretends to be her older single sister. While the soldier is out to sea he and the girl sent letters he then comes to visit and the youger sister has to break the news to her older sister which knows nothing about the letters and is engaged to a gentleman at the bank where she works. To be polite to the soldier that has fought for our country she had to go along that she was indeed the one that was writing to him. In the end the oldest sister and the soldier fall in love and she dumps the banker . Please help

Guest Robinson, Jo

My husband remembers a movie that he saw as a boy, around 1950. The main character was in hiding in a belltower where he was discovered by a little girl. He gained the trust of the girl by convincing her that he was Santa Claus. Can anyone help me with the name of this film?

Guest magierski, judy

this movie takes place in about the 1940's. it starts off with two young girls-about their 20s-walking in a downtown area talking when a can of paint falls from a ladder and its one of the girls in the head. the store people take her to the top floor where the owners live. The movie goes on as the store owners have been looking for years for their kidnapped baby girl. this girl tells them her aunt, who just passed away has raised her. Her aunt always told her that her parents were killed. the owners are tired of testing all the possibilities but decide to test her. they take the girl to a large toy room and ask her to look for the missing child favorite toy. The girl stops at a buggy and stares at what is in it. was this their missing child????? what is the name of this movie??

Guest Graham, Gayle

Looking for info on a movie that I thought was called "The Gray Ghost". I saw the trailer at a drivein in the early 60's. I seem to recall a family eating breakfast in the kitchen when a bottle of milk was lifted into the air and fell to the ground. Does anyone remember anything like this?

Guest Collins, Sarah Kate

I saw the movie you are referring to not long ago. It was entitled SLIGHTY DANGEROUS and starred Lana Turner. As the movie turns out, she was not the missing daughter, but only a bored country girl who wanted to experience life in the big city, so she invented the lie in order to let the wealthy family think she was theirs and keep her. She had, by a lucky process of elimination, identified the correct toy, so the family believed her. The movie also starred Robert Young.

Guest Rollins, Teresa

I am looking for the name of the movie where a society man marries a women, they have a child. The wife paints a picture with 2 trees in it. The man had an ex girl friend who returned to town due to a scandalous situation she was involved in. The wife wanted to prove to herself that the husband was not still in love with the ex girl friend. So she set up a meeting between the two of them be the care broke down on the way to a society party. The husband fell for the trap and left the wife. In the end the husband came back to the wife and she had painted the 3rd tree in the picture symbolizing their family.

Guest Hoch, B

Do you know the title of a late 30's or early 40's film about the effect the same $1,000 passed from character to character has on each of their lives? It's a wonderful film and I only had the chance to see it once several years ago and did not see the opening title. Thank you. B. A. Hoch

Guest Goff, William

This movie is "Dear Ruth", Par. 1947 - starring Joan Caufield as the older sister and Mona Freeman as the younger sister. Mona sends letters to William Holden using Caufield's picture. Billy DeWolfe steals the picture as Caufield's intended. Film based on a Broadway play and was followed by two sequels, "Dear Wife" and "Dear Brat".

Guest Goff, William

This movie is "Dear Ruth", Par. 1947 - starring William Holden and Joan Caufield. Mona Freeman plays the younger sister and Billy DeWolfe steals the picture as the banker boy friend. It was based on a Broadway play and was followed by two sequels, "Dear Wife"(1949) and Dear Brat"(1951).

Guest Courtney

I recently saw a movie, loved it, and forgot the name. it was about a man who believed he was sick, and really wasn't, he took alot of medication. And on a visit to the doctor he overheard the doctor tell someone they were going to die. He thought it was him who was going to die and then tried to find a new husband for his wife. i rember his best friend then became a drunk. Please help.

Guest Eickemeyer, David

That sounds similar to Same Time, Next Year (1978) with Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn, but I don't remember the ending you describe.

Guest Eickemeyer, David

I'm afraid it's too late to check it out now but I thought you might be interested that The Visit was just made into a stage musical. It premiered fall, 2001 at the Goodman Theater in Chicago, starring Chita Rivera and John McMartin. It was written by Kander and Ebb (Cabaret, Kiss of the Spider Woman, etc.) I believe it's intended to go on to a Broadway run.

Guest Blake, Rob

I saw a black & white movie on TV back in the late 60's or early 70's. Hopefully it wasn't a TV show. A farm wife's husband and their older sons go off to war, leaving her with their youngest son. Don't know if it was the Civil War or World War II. A good looking young man shows up at the farm needing help. She helps him and the young son tells his dad when he returns from war. Her husband refuses to believe nothing happened between her and the young man. He insists that she put her hands in lye. She tells him "not till Hell freezes over". She moves into town and works for awhile, but eventually returns home, and though she was innocent, she does put her hands into the lye. I think the star was Patricia Neal.

Guest Smith, Scherylle

HELP!!! I'M LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF A MOVIE STARRING KAREN ALLEN AND A GOOD-LOOKING FRENCH GUY. SHE GETS STRANDED IN PARIS (I THINK) AND THIS GOOD-LOOKING GUY COMES TO THE RESCUE. HE'S RICH AND MARRIED. I HAVE ONLY SEEN THIS MOVIE ONCE AND LIKED IT A LOT. AM I THE ONLY PERSON ON THE PLANET THAT HAS SEEN THIS MOVIE? I'D APPRECIATE ANYONE COMING TO MY RESCUE.

Guest Thorshammr

REWARD for the correct name,year, players and studio The movie is B/W,a costumer, takes place in a castle,a dungeon and a garden. Two people have been separated because they are in love. The woman is forced to marry the (king?) who put her lover in the dungeon for life. Yet, in their dreams the man and woman meet each other and are together in A dreamt garden/paradise. Neither of them believe their lover has had the same dream, when they awaken. But after a ring is passed in their shared dream and it's there when awake they know they do indeed meet. In the end when they die they meet in this dreamland and walk into the light holding hands. I know I didn't dream it! but it seems like nobody in the last 25 years has seen it but me. Please help

Guest Gaughran, Joan

Back in the 40s, I saw a film which starred Brenda Marshall, formerly married to William Holden. In it, she had some sort of plastic surgery whch changed her appearance. At the end, it all turned out to be a dream. I remember one scene where there is a bowl of floating gardenias that has a hypnotizing effect when stared at. One of the actors may have been George Sanders.