Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest stardusty

Brenda Marshall starred in "Strange Impersonation" 1946 dir. Anthony Mann. She played a chemist who tried a new anesthetic on herself and became disfigured. Could this be the film you remember?

Guest Crater, Roberta

Could it be Peter Ibbetson w. Gary Cooper and Ann Harding? Haven't seen the film in years but it seems to me that I remember the shared dream premise.

Guest KIRST, PAUL

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. IF THE NAME OF THIS DREAM MOVIE COMES TO YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW I AM RELIEVED TO FIND THAT THIS MOVIE Wasn't JUST MY DREAM AND SOMEONE ELSE HAS SEEN IT.

Guest KIRST, PAUL J

HI ROBERTA YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I DID SOME SEARCHING AND THOUGH MY DESCRIPTION WAS SOMEWHAT OFF, YOU WERE RIGHT ON. TO HAVE A QUESTION OF SO MANY YEARS ANSWERED IS REALLY EXCITING FOR ME. I WOULD LOVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU IN RETURN. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT THAT MIGHT BE. THANKS AGAIN PAUL

Guest McDonnell, John

I love TCM, but every time I see that promo of the gal counting in front of the blackboard, I think she's counting the number of times Fred & Ginger movies have been shown. I wonder if anybody knows of all the films in TCM's library, how many have not been aired.

Guest Nascimento, Daniel

The western remake of Sahara was Last of the Comanches (1952) with Broderick Crawford, Barbara Hale, and Lloyd Bridges (also in original). There were several other remakes, and Sahara was based on a Russian film, The Thirteen (1937).

Guest eakes, laura

Hello, I recently saw part of an old silent movie, really enjoyed it, but don't know the name only premise, so here goes: A darkly handsome lead man, his lovely blond wife, seem to live on a island, I think they are fishermen-anyway, there is a women on the island who is trying to persuede the man to bring his wife to the city and kill her there. He does bring her to the city, but through the adventures they have, big city hair cutting place, she sings at resturant, festival, he realizes he's deeply in love with wife and won't kill her-BUT, ironically, on the both ride back to island they are caught in storm, she's swept overboard, he presumes she's dead, but they find her alive at the end. I hope that's enough to go on :) any help appreciated!

Guest Dan, Coffee

Laura, you have just described my all-time favorite silent movie, SUNRISE (1927), with George O'Brien and Janet Gaynor, directed by F. W. Murneau. To my knowledge, it's not commercially available on video. It did air on TCM about three years ago (that's when I taped my copy), and it has aired on the Fox Movie Channel several times in the past year.

Guest Sweedler, Toni

I have been trying to track down a source for the silent film, Birth of a Nation. Although not a very politically correct or sensitive film, I believe nevertheless that it is an important film. I have never seen it on TCM or AMC or ANYWHERE for that matter(understandably) Anyone out there know of a source to get a copy of this film? Thanks for any help!

Guest eakes, laura

THANK YOU DAN! Yes, that's it;) I went with the info you provided and looked on IMDB. Hopefully someday I will get to see this fantastic movie the whole way through. Thanks again, Laura

Guest Garcia, Mitch

no its not srgt York, "Excellent movie" it was a guy like that though, I have alvin York's movie on tape already and it is defenatly not it, but thanks for trying.

Guest arlene

Im looking for the name of a movie that is an old black and white. Unfortunately i do not remember the actors names. I can only recall the end of the movie. I know the movie is based on a book. Book unknown. The end of the movie ends where this guy is driving in a convertable up to a building sort of like a castle or it could be a castle. There is a women who runs across the top of the castle and jumps off. That is all i can remember. I know they show it on television every so often. I would like to know the name so i can see the whole movie. thanks!!

Guest Gaughran, Joan

I really can't help you locate a copy of "The Blue Veil", but your post struck a chord. I saw that many years ago, and it was so sad that I remember going to the ladies lounge in the theater and putting cold water on my eyes to make the puffiness go down before I would go outside. Hope you find it..

Guest Megan

my father recorded a movie off tcm one day but the tape wasnt long enough to get the movie after it, so ive only seen half of this movie with Katherine Hepburn, its black and white and must be from the late 30's or early 40's. In it Katherine plays a poor girl, Alice Adams, that wants to be rich like her girlfriends and have the luxuries they have and she falls in love with a rich man, Arthur Rusell. I really want to see the end of this movie but I have no clue what its called! can anyone help me? thank you very much for ur time meg

Guest Nascimento, Daniel

Alice Adams (1935) is the title. Also stars Fred Macmurray. Next time you might want to check out the IMDB (Internet Movie Database), which lets you check movies by using a number of options including checking by character's name. Hope you get to see the whole movie soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dbh11

Can someone tell me the name of this movie? There is a guy (shy bachelor) who loves classical music. He goes to concerts all the time and even acts like a conductor. He manages to get a date with a woman, brings her back to his apartment. Tries to impress her with classical music (Madame Butterfly aria). His roommate or friend steals her away. He is crying at the end and runs the phonograph needle across the Madame Butterfly record so it skips until the movie ends. I think it is in black and white and the lead might be French (Alain?). Thanks for your help. This is a touching movie I would like to buy. Diane

Guest kayman

While watching The Shawshank Redemption I was convinced I had seen the same plot in an older B&W film, but can't recall what it was. Though Shawshank claimed not to be a remake, I'm certain it was. Can anyone shed any light?

Guest olmsted, l

Don't know what the B/W movie is that you're thinking of, but I know Shawshank wasn't a remake. It's actually based off a story by Stephen King, if you can believe it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Casteel, Rachel

The pug dog movie is indeed "Life With Father" starring William Powell as Father and Irene Dunne as his wife. It was made in 1949 with a young Elizabeth Taylor. Powell does a wonderful job in his role.

Guest Robert

I am trying to remember what movie a particular line is from. I can't remember if this is from Frankenstein or the Bride of Frankenstein or from some other movie. But there is this line in a movie were a girl is talking and she says to this guy, "Do you usually hangout in graveyards to meet girls." It was a funny kinda line and it has been used as a sample in recent rock songs. I remember seeing the film and remember the scene in my head. But I can't remember what movie it came from.If you know,please let me know. Thank you. Robert Bennett