Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest walker, ken

Robert, Could "The Mummy"[1932] be the movie that you are refering to?.It features this line.Zita Johann speaking to David Manners.."Do you have to open graves to find girls to fall in love with?".Hope this helps.

Guest Casteel, Rachel

My dad insists that as a small boy he saw a movie about a Mexican man named Pepe who had a burro. That's pretty much all he can remember -- the way he describes it makes it sound like a Disney movie made in the sixties but we can't find it or anything similar to it anywhere. Does anyone know what he might be talking about?

Guest o, rita

Rachael, I believe the name of the movie was Pepe starring the mexican actor Cantiflas. The actor also played David Niven's valet in "Around the Worlk in 80 Days".

Guest MBiller

I am trying to figure out which movie featured the song (Put Another Nickel In) Music! Music! Music!. The song was composed by S.Weiss/B.Baum in 1950 and was sung by Teresa Brewer a couple of years later...1952 I think but I am not sure whether that is around the same time that the movie was released. I would greatly appreciate any responses.

Guest Casteel, Rachel

Thanks, Rita. Any idea where I might be able to find it? Like I said, we have searched high and low. I think you're right about it being Cantinflas because seeing him as Niven's valet in "Around the World" made my dad think about Pepe. Is it a Spanish movie, maybe?

Guest K, Sandy

Rachel, I think that you may be thinking of 2 different films. Cantinflas did make a movie called PEPE, which also starred Dan Daily and Shirley Jones. According to the IMDb, there is a memorable scene in the movie with a horse on a pool table. It is currently not available on video or dvd. Your reference to it being a Disney film, made me think that perhaps you were thinking of THE LITTLEST OUTLAW (1955), a Disney film concerning a boy named Pablito who I believe steals a burro. About ten years ago I worked in a video store and we had this one in stock, but it currently is not available on video or dvd. Perhaps you could find an existing copy, though. Good luck!

Guest MBiller

Thank you for your help. I have been doing some research to find out if this is indeed the movie that I am inquiring about...but not having too much luck. Not to many local video stores around here, and if the movie is out on video, they do not carry it. Again, Thank you for your response.

Guest Casteel, Rachel

Thank you so much! I will keep my eyes open for a copy of this if it ever was released on video -- meanwhile it's nice to be able to tell my dad that he didn't imagine the whole thing. We didn't believe him but he insisted that there really was such a movie. It's possible that he had it a little confused with the Disney movie you mentioned. Thanks again!

Guest barbieri, Fran

I have two questions .. am looking for two movies.. One with Paul Douglas, where he plays a gangster who escapes to Rome during Holy Year,1950..Does anyone know the name? Please? The other is about a family who lives in Florida during WWII and they want to have a soldier for Sunday diner.I think Anne Bancroft is in that one. Thank you..

Guest Kohut, Gail

It's about a writer with writer's block - I've been looking for this movie for years - saw it back in the 80's. The writer's friend (may have been his editor) suggests he go to this mansion/estate to work out the writer's block, so the guy goes there. All this weird stuff happens and he meets lots of strange characters. It was very suspenseful. At the "end" - the guy's friend (editor?) comes along and there is a party because he had set all this up to help cure his writer's block. But, and here's the kicker, then there is the real end where you see the writer all by himself, finishing his novel, and leaving the mansion - - not a single thing had happened, the whole thing was this book he wrote. It was a really neat movie and I would love to find it again. It is not the Shining or Barton Fink - it is older (I'm guessing the 70's). Please please please help!!!

Guest walker, ken

Gail, This is just a wild guess,but the plot you mentioned sounds very much like "House of Long Shadows[1983] w/Desi Arnaz jr.,Vincent Price,and Peter Cushing.It was a spoof of "Seven Keys to Baldpate" which has a similar plot.

Guest Casteel, Rachel

I saw a movie years ago on AMC, I believe, about a gambler around the turn of the century who, in one part of the movie, loses all of his possessions in a poker game. When his wife finds out what he has done she does some gambling herself and wins everything back. I thought it starred Bette Davis and Errol Flynn but can't come up with a match so I could be mistaken about either or both of the leads. Anyone know what I am trying so hard to remember?

Guest Kohut, Gail

Thanks Ken Walker - - this is the first suggestion which sounds like it may be it. I checked it out on the net and the description seems pretty close (the vhs cover even looks vaguely familiar). I'm going to see if I can find it on video and check it out. If this is it, you're my hero!

Guest walker, Ken

Gail, Go to the Amazon web site.Click in on auctions.There is a copy of "House of Long Shadows" receiving bids!Better hurry.There's four days left to bid.Good Luck!

Guest Casteel, Rachel

Thanks, Fran, that sounds like it! I don't know why I couldn't make that connection before. I have a great classic movie book put out by AMC that I use all the time but for some reason this particular movie had me stumped . . .

Guest King, Tim

Recently my brother and I were discussing movies we saw as children. One movie we both remember,( but not the title), was about a WWII bomber downed in the desert. The movie revolved around the crew's struggle for survival and rescue, but at the end of the movie the audience realized the crew had died in the crash,( unbeknown to the bomber crew also). The crew and the audience found out about the crew's demise as the rescue party proceeded to place the crew's bodies in body bags. We think, but not sure that Ernest Borgine was in this movie.

Guest Tuna, John

I am looking for the Name of a Movie. I'm pretty sure it was filmed in the early 60's. The plot was about a poor young man having arrived in England from India. He comes to the aid of a young woman who faints and falls in front of a bus. When she comes to she says,"Thank You Doctor." From this point on he impersonates being a Doctor. I believe, with the young woman's help he sets himself up with a front room in a house where practices medicine. Of course, things work out for awhile then he is exposed. I would like to see it again but I don't remember the name of the film, who played in it, or the date it was filmed. I know this male lead was a Indian actor but I can't seem to remember what his name was. I'm sure my Doctor is this man today. Thanks. Tuna