Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest Nascimento, Dan

Been a while since I've been on this site, but noticed no replies to your query. The Paul Douglas movie, if memory serves me, is When in Rome (1952). The Anne Baxter (not Anne Bancroft) movie is Sunday Dinner for a Soldier (1944).

Guest Nascimento, Dan

This is the made-for-tv film, Sole Survivor (1970) with Vince Edwards, Richard Basehart, and William Shatner (no Borgnine).

Guest walker, ken

Rachel, The movie your'e looking for may be "A Big Hand for the Little Lady" starring Henry Fonda and JoAnn Woodward.Fonda looses all of their money and the wife wins it back.It's a western movie.

Guest Tuna, John

Thank You!! You got it, that's the one. You are GOOD!. By the looks of it I can't find a copy to view, but I am going to continue to search. Ane here I thought it was a 60's film. Thanks again. Tuna

• 2 weeks later...
Guest n, sandra

I saw a creepy movie on television in the 1970's - I can remember the details but not the title! It has been ANNOYING me for years! The movie was about a young girl who could not speak (I think). She lived in a two storey house with her parents and another relative (perhaps an aunt / grandmother). She was given a dollhouse that was the replica of the two storey house she lived in. I can remember the girl making replicas of the people that lived in the house from potatoes. She cut pieces of material from the clothes of everyone that lived in the house and dressed her potato people in it. I think they were kind of like voodoo dolls. I can remember strange things began to happen to the people in the house - the girl pushed one of the potatoes down the stairs,(the one which represented her grandmother I think) then coincidentally, her grandmother fell down the stairs and died. The movie ends when the doll house catches fire, then the two storey house burns down. PLEASE HELP ME TO REMEMBER THE TITLE!!

Guest n, sandra

I think James Garner played Audrey Hepburn's love interest (?) I would also love to see this movie again. Have you seen the original version (These Three?)The fabulous Miriam Hopkins stars in them both.

Guest n, sandra

I would KILL to see this movie. Is it on video or DVD and do you know WHERE CAN I GET A COPY? ABSOLUTELY ADORE Bette Davis! sandra n

Guest uncascrog

During the woody allen night last friday there was a manhattan documentary about life in NEW YORK during the fifties...does anyone know the name or perhaps recorded it...please help

Guest delorenzo, ash

Lana Turner was singing and dancing in a film clip about Madame Crematone (on Sun, May 12). What movie was this from? Or was it a short? Thanks. ash delorenzo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Collins, T

I, we watched a movie a few years ago while I was down from back surgery, and still dont know the name of it. It sure would put my mind at ease if I could find out. I would also like to see it again. A man leaves his wife but still goes back to his house just to take care of his rose bushes that are lined up the walk way to his house. Hes very picky about the bushes. His daughter is married and has a small baby which all live with the wife. The daughter wont get out of bed in the morning to take care of the baby so her mother does. Which makes her husband mad. Thats all i remember please help. I think it is a 40 or 50 movie, more likly a 50's and its of course B & W Thanks alot.

Guest Morrison, Karen

Hi JackS, I'm grabbing for straws here but I wonder if the film you saw was "The Desperate Hours" with Humphery Bogart. If this is the movie you're in luck because I believe its on video. Bogart plays an escaped convict that holds a family hostage in their own home. Counting Bogart, there's a total of four convicts. The title describes the fact that these four guys are running out of time because the cops are on their tail & its just a matter of time before they're caught. Now, I believe one other convicts was played by a young Charles Bronson. I also believe Fredric March played the father in the film. If you can remember some of the players in the film, go to www.imdb.com. Its a great website for movies & its great! Hope that helps you...

Guest Morrison, Karen

Hi Sandra, In response to your question about the film "Mr. Skiffington", yes it is on video. I would try your local video store that specializes in old films. Unfortunately, many mainstream stores don't have this title. Also, try amazon.com. I've used this site to purchase films on video but are very hard to find. Here's some more sites that could be useful: www.bigstar.com www.unlimitedmovies.com www.barnesandnoble.com Hope that helps you.

Guest Medici, Delena

Help! I'm looking for the name of the remake of My Favorite Wife. The remake is very similar to the original.

Guest olmsted, l

T-the name of the movie is Let's Make it Legal with MacDonald Carey and Claudette Colbert. You'll also see gorgeous Marilyn Monroe and Robert Wagner. Enjoy!

Guest olmsted, l

Delena, James Garner and Doris Day remade this film titled Move Over Darling. Actually, Marilyn Monroe and Dean Martin were remaking this movie to be titled Something's Got to Give, but Marilyn's untimely death prevented it from happening. As in many cases, the original with Carey Grant and Irene Dunne is the better bet.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LaPlume, Jean-Pierre

I saw this film maybe about 10 or 15 years ago, and really have no idea when it was made (maybe 60s or 70s, its in color). The plot revolves around an actress that doesn't seem to age. After a bit you realize that she is actually aging in a screentest that she watches again and again. This goes on until the end when she has brokendown and stabs the screen (while the screentest is playing) and with that she dies. And at that point the image on the screen is of her when she was young, and her dead body looks her actual age. I dont even remember if the movie was any good but it has plagued me for years. Any ideas? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fenn, scott

I just can't remember. the movie was about a aircraft carrier that gets sent back in time. and arrives a few day before pearl harbor is attacked. one seen is where two zero-fighter try to take on two f-14 tomcats. can can anyone tell the name of this movie?

Guest k, Kathleen

I am trying to indentify movies made in the 30's/40's. The plot was about a middle-age school teacher (actress' name unknown) who gets involved in mysteries to the annoyance of a police detective (James Gleason). I have seen at least two, there may be more. I know this isn't much to go on and I need help.

Guest mongo

Kathleen the series of films (only about 3) that your thinking of starred the wonderful Edna May Oliver as school teacher/sleuth Hildegarde Withers. They were made in the 1930's and co-starred the great character actor James Gleason as Inspector Oscar Piper. TCM shows these films on occasion.

Guest donegan, syl

I saw a movie on this channel in June but got only about ten minutes of it. I was hoping I could find out the name of it from this brief description. The scene I saw had the lead character on the back of a jeep on a RAF Base chasing a I series bomber called a "Vulture" in the film. He kills the "baddie" at the hatch and manages to jump onto the plane just as it takes off. Can anyone help???