Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest crystal

im looking for a name of this movie about a business executive millionaire with a mustache he buys a newsletter, who has a young blonde secretary named whitey. his wifes name is linda. She suspects he is having an affair with his secretary. It takes place in New york. Throughout the movie he always ends up in these predicaments where it looks like he is having an affair but he really isnt. At the end his wife realizes he isnt after a visit with the secretary. And the secretary gets back with her man. please help me i loved this movie

Guest Nascimento, Daniel

Mongo and Kathleen: there were actually six movies made in the Hildegarde Withers series. Of these, only the first three starred Edna May Oliver. The last three starred Helen Broderick (Broderick Crawford's mother) in the fourth movie, and Zazu Pitts in the last two. James Gleason, however, starred in all six. The series ran from 1932 to 1937. The Penguin Pool Murder, the first one, is usually considered the best.

Guest oshoko

what is this movie? A man is on a boat trip and gets caught on ice. He meets and falls in love with a mysterious woman that always wears a scarf around her neck. At the end of this film (Do not read this last part if you don't want to know the ending) the woman takes off her scarf and her head falls off. Please Help!

Guest Goodwin, Sean

Hi folks, I am trying to figure out what movie this scene came from. It's from the First World War and it shows what appears to be the ghosts of disfigured soldiers marching toward the screen. I did not see the originally movie, but I noticed it in a documentary about the horrors of World War I and how early horror movies often focused on human disfigurement. I thought the movie was The Big Parade, but no it's not. Please help, this is driving me crazy and keeping me awake. Thanks, Sean

Guest Goodwin, Sean

There's actually an earlier French version of Les Miserables with - I can't remember the cast - but one was a famous French actor. It was probably from about 1931 maybe. It's supposed to be the best of any of them.

Guest finnie12, moira

Sean, I believe that the powerful movie that you are looking for is "J'Accuse", directed by Abel Gance in 1938 (It is based on Gance's 1919 silent version that is unfortunately not on video/dvd). I think that the scene that you are referring to shows thousands of lost, mutilated, and unburied WWI dead rising from their graves and returning to confront those who have lived on. I saw it in college along with Gance's fantastic "Napoleon" (1927?)and never forgot either. You may have caught a clip of this in the Gill and Brownlow documentary series "Cinema Europe" that TCM ran within the last year and a half,(Some PBS stations have also run it). I believe that the IMDB website, Amazon.com and your local library may have these films available. Perhaps these films will be shown on TCM again someday. Good Luck.

Guest Dentata, Gina

Oshoko, that sounds like what I remember of Frankenstein, The True Story. It was made in 1974 as a two-part TV movie. Michael Sarrazin played the creature, and Leonard Whiting (Romeo & Juliet--1968) played Dr. Frankenstein. It was a great version of the story, with a script by Christopher Isherwood (Cabaret). There was a 2-hour version on VHS, but it's out of print. Maybe they'll release the full-length version on DVD!

Guest Silva, Bill de

Yankee: This message is in answer to your query about "The Blue Veil." I have just obtained a copy of it from a fellow in LA who was a former movie projectionist and now finds hard-to-find films for people. He has contacts from all over the world, and his work is excellent (he copies from lasers, 16mm films, etc.). The film is indeed a beautifully made film, and as usual Jane Wyman is superb. If you are interested, leave a message and I'll get back to you.

Guest finnie12, moira

FYI: "Cinema Europe" is being shown again starting at 7pm ET on TCM as of 7/26/2002. It should run for the next several weeks each Friday at the same time.

Guest Lewis, Don

SAVE THE TIGER TRIVIA In Save the Tiger, there is a scene in which Jack Lemmon goes into the hotel bar for a drink with Jack Guilford. On the bar TV is an old movie, in which Humphrey Bogart stretches, goes outside, picks up a baseball for some kids (this is echoed by Lemmon at the end of the movie). I think Bogart later in the scene shoots Edward G. Robinson, though I'm not sure it's Robinson. What is the movie? Help!!!!

Guest Huntley, Joseph

This Is a WWII Movie that I cant think of the name of and havent seen it shown on TV in Ages. The show is about some POW's in WWII and I believe they were held prisoner in a castle or something on top of moutains (maybe the Alps) Anyways there was one prisoner they had to absolutely get out. What they did was took all the waterpipes and bedsheets and in the loft above built a glider from the pipes, bedsheets, and I believe oatmeal paste for doping the sheets. Then one guy flew the other prisoner to freedom in the glider. Can anyone help me with the name of this movie. Joe

Guest Burns, S

I'm looking for a movie made in the 50,60 maybe 70's its in color and I have no idea who was in it. The general plot was about a newly married couple, he's a fashion photographer and his young wife is worried about him being around beautiful girls so her mother gives her a dog training book to make her husband a loyal pet. He finds out and they almost break up but in the end she comes home and finds him at home and they get back together. Its a comedy. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Guest finnie12, moira

Joe, I believe that the film you're trying to recall is a terrific English movie, "The Colditz Story" (1955) with John Mills, Eric Portman and many other fine British and continental actors. It is available on video, and I haven't seen it on the tube in about 20 years either. As you may know, it's based on fact. The movie was inspired by P.R. Reid's book of the same name, which is still in print. Reid was among the men who escaped from Colditz. Reid actually sent a postcard to the castle when he reached Switzerland successfully. Colditz castle, located in the Saxony region of Germany near Leipzig and Dresden, was intended as the most secure prison camp for the most troublesome Allied prisoners, but it is said to have the highest number of escapes of any German POW camp. There were even Allied prisoners who built a glider in the castle attic during their imprisonment, (I don't believe that it was ever used!). To put it mildly, they were very brave men. It would be a splendid popcorn double feature to see "The Colditz Story" and "The Great Escape" sometime...If you are interested in the book or video of this story, I'd try the local library, video stores and perhaps online at someplace like Amazon. Good luck.

Guest JEANECOOPER

S- I believe you are thinking of the Sandra Dee and Bobby Darin 1962 flick "If a Man Answers" They were married in real life at the time of filming

Guest KizziKat

can anyone help me find lyrics to old songs that appear in TCM musicals. I have searched quite a few websites, but as yet have drawn a blank. I particularly want 'Be a Clown' from the Gene Kelly/Judy Garland film, the Pirate (when is that going to be shown, by the way TCM?!!) and 'Triplets' from 'The Band Wagon'. Any helpful suggestions would be gratefully received.

Guest Gartsu, Robin

HELP HELP HELP !!! SINCE VERY YOUNG HAVE TRIED TO FIND NAME OF THIS MOVIE. IT CAME OUT IN THE EARL TO MID SIXTIES. IT IS ABOUT A SO SO WHITE HUNTER WHO IS HIRED TO TAKE A TRIBE OF AFRICANS TO A NEW HOME BY THE GOVERNMENT RELOCATION PROGRAM. THE CHIEF, BECAUSE OF THE SIMILARITY TO THE STORY OF THE EXODUS IN THE BIBLE STARTS TO CALL THE HUNTER "MOSES". I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS A BIG NAME BUT CAN NOT REMEMBER WHICH. SAME WITH THE TITLE, I THINK THE NAME MOSES WAS IN THE TITLE.

Guest Brandi, N

A TCM Short, I do believe Last nite, right before "Age of Innocence" TCM Showed what i think is a "one reel wonder" It had a bunch of dogs in a bar with cowboy getup and they were all real dogs and the show was in black and white" does anyone have any information on this? Please email me

Guest K, Sandy

Kizzikat, try your local library. Look in the vocal scores (sheet music) section. If your library uses the Dewey Decimal System (most do), the call numbers for music scores are in the 780's. I have a book of vocal selections from the film THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT which has the music and lyrics to "Be A Clown." I'm sure that "Triplets" has also been published. Good luck!

Guest McKnight, Pat

This is movie set in the pioneer years. A family is stricken by illness taking first the father then the mother. On her deathbed the mother calls her eldest son (approx 10 yrs old) to her side and makes him promise to find good homes for each of his siblings after she dies. Of course he doesn't want to do this but promises anyway. The film is a real tear jerker as he struggles to place each child in a good home. I cannot remember the name of it. Please help me if you can. Thanks.

Guest Smith, Scherylle

Hi, Malinda38. The name of the movie is "The Children's Hour" and starred Audrey Hepburn, Shirley McLaine, and if I am not mistaken, James Garner. It is an excellent film and one of my favorites. Hope no one else has beaten me with the answer. Hope this helps.