Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest Smith, Scherylle

Years ago, I saw a movie about a prehistoric flying reptile that made its home atop the Chrysler Building in New York. I think the movie was called "Q". I might be wrong because I cannot find anyone who even knows what I am talking about. I couldn't have imagined this movie. I know what I saw. I also believe the movie starred Michael Moriarty, the actor that starred in "Law and Order". Maybe it was just a dream or maybe I magined seeing this movie. If anyone has the slightest idea or if anyone has seen this movie, please let me know so that I won't think I am CRAZY!!!!!!!

Guest finnie12, moira

Pat, I think that you are trying to recall "All Mine to Give" (1957) with Cameron Mitchell and Glynis Johns as the parents of the brood. According to the IMDb website it is not available on video or dvd, though it does seem to be shown around Christmas on tv. I'm not sure if TCM has this movie in their library. If you go to the TCM homepage, you could request that TCM run this movie. For more detailed info about "All Mine to Give", you may wish to check out the website that is a virtual film encyclopedia at www.imdb.com. And yes, it is a definite tug on the heartstrings...if you can watch this and NOT shed a tear, you better check your pulse.

Guest walker, ken

Scherylle, You are right about the title.And the stars were Moriarty and Richard Roundtree.I saw it on its initial release.And its on tape.

Guest Burton, Julie

I watched Kitty Foyle on July 16 which was airing for Ginger Rogers' birthday. What is the name of the song that played during the ending credits? I've heard it before but cannot remember the name.

Guest Mattogno, Peter

Name the movie with following info as I remember it: Brian Donleavy is a Scandanavian immigrant, arrives in U.S. searching for relatives(probably near Wisconsin). While searching, he works as laborer in steel mills (not sure if it is in Pennsylvania). He marries and builds a family. Later becomes fascinated with cars, and starts to improve on design and later becomes auto manufacturer and builds business empire. This is a King Vidor directed movie, epic scenery, "American Dream" movie theme. Brian Donleavy is the star actor, don't remember any other actors. Last saw movie on TV in 1970's. Have a request for TCM to name movie and show on TV, but no reply in over 2 weeks. Can anyone help? This is a great movie to watch!!

Guest Hurley

i really really need to know the name of the movie.. the plot is like a circus comes in town and theres this old old chinese wizard who runs it.. the circus tent is really small but the inside is veeerryyy big.. there is a yeti,a pan and a medusa...an old woman looks into the medusas eyes and turns to stone... it's a pretty old movie...probably from the 30s or 40s i don't know exactly maybe you could help me out? :)

Guest finnie12, moira

I think that you are looking for "The Seven Faces of Dr. Lao" (1964)with Tony Randall as the lead character and his many manifestations. The movie was directed by the imaginative George Pal ("The Time Machine", "tom thumb"). It's available on vhs/dvd and is part of TCM's library. If you go to "Request a Movie" at the top of the webpage, you can ask that it be scheduled again. good luck.

Guest walker, ken

Peter, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this film to be shown.Judging from my own experience[the one film I asked for has yet to be shown],and from other viewers,I don't think the chances are too good. Good luck anyway!!

Jim, the musical "We'll Meet Again" (1942) is not available on VHS or DVD. Unless some collector has a copy to offer on ebay I doubt if it will be shown on TV. Good luck.

I'm looking for an old Connie Stevens movie. She was a teenager who got pregnant and gave the baby to her mother. No one knew it was hers. At the end the boy winds up in the hospital and the mother admits to him belonging to her daughter. I only saw the end, so the details are sketchy, and never knew the title. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

There is this Joan Crawford film concerning her nervous breakdown/insanity when she discovers that her husband is having an affair, but I cannot remember the name of it. There also might be a scene on the beach where she is walking along with a glass of liquor, but that might be a different film. For some reason "Possessed" (the second, late forties one, not the unrelated earlier one) comes to mind...is this perhaps the correct tile???

Guest Urie, Darren

Bogart fighting the Japs. [most rememberable scene]In the jungle with a thompson submachine gun, dodging snipers he hides behind a palm tree thinking to himself the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, he puts his tummy gun next to the tree where a bullet scrapped by using the line in tree to find his target. That reminds me that he had been talking about being a teacher before the war. Darren

Guest Capas, Lenny

Trying to find the name of a sci-fi movie where aliens land in flying saucers have some kind of protective shield around them, but, one of them is injured and is examined and it's discoverd that sound can disable their flying saucers and make them crash. Sound familiar? Thanx.

Guest Barnard, Lynne

Help, what was the movie's title? 2 sisters, with the younger one writing to WWII GI's to cheer them up, but using her older sisters identity. One of the GI's comes home & shows up on their doorstep & they play along. I think they end up getting married. During the last scene, another GI shows up on the doorstep & basically it ends where it started. I was young when I saw this & can't remember much more. Thanks

Guest Barnard, Lynne

Help, what was the movie's title? 2 sisters, with the younger one writing to WWII GI's to cheer them up, but using her older sisters identity. One of the GI's comes home & shows up on their doorstep & they play along. I think they end up getting married. During the last scene, another GI shows up on the doorstep & basically it ends where it started. I was young when I saw this & can't remember much more. Thanks

Guest Ortega, Tracy

I am looking for a movie where a Father and Daughter live under a huge tree in a jungle. They save a man from the locals. The man falls in love with the daughter and the father is upset.