Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest Rinesmith, Morris

I've been trying to remember the name of a movie I saw about 30 years ago "1972". As I recall it was an old black and white movie about a woman in a huge haunted house. She had a small baby and there was something in the house that wanted to possess the baby or hurt the baby. It was raining during the whole scene and the phones and lights were out and she didn't have any way to call for help. Finally at the end of the movie her husband came home and they thought the baby asleep, when they left the room the camera showed the baby and it opened it's eyes and laughed like it was possessed. Then the movie ended. I have never been able to remember the name or who played in it. Can some one help. Thanks

Guest Wolfe, Kimberly

The movie that I am trying to remember the name of opens to a father in a victorian house, a picture of George Washington on the wall and it's the fourth of July. The movie follows this family through the seasons. Thank you

Guest Ivins, Steve

I am trying find out the name of a WWII movie that I think takes place in England. It is about an air field in England that looked like a farm during the day and few out Bombers at night. Can anyone help.

Guest Henderson, Ms.

I have been trying to find the name of a murder mystery, that I saw in 1997. It was on a local iv station, without comm interruptions. Well, the main character was played by a male actor, who in the movie played a male and female role. The female character was named Emily. Emily was the care taker of her mute stricken aunt, whom she hated, due to some sibling rivalry from the past. The male character was short with black straight hair, and he had a point thin nose. He was very clean cut, and always wearing suits, and calling out for Emily, whenever he visited her aunt's home. The aunt would try to alert visitors that her niece was trying to harm her. Well, at the end of the movie, the male character went into the basement in an attempt to find Emily once again. At this point of the film a clock covered the iv screen and a narrator announced that the iv audience should decide who we thought the killer was. The hands on the clock spun rapidly, as time progressed. Finally, they resumed to the scene where Emily emerged from the basement, confirming that she was indeed the killer. The movie was TO DIE FOR. Please help me. Thanks!!

The movie your looking for is "Homicidal" which was made in 1961 and directed by Hitchcock wannabe William Castle. It is available on DVD through amazon.com.

Guest Outram, Carol

I'm looking for the title of a movie I saw sometime in the '50s that was from the '40s and may have been part of a serial. All I remember is that there was a man trapped in an elevator (with a floor lamp, believe it or not) and the elevator walls started to come in towards him and he puts the lamp up to stop them from crushing him. I'll bet no one has any idea what I'm talking about, but I've remembered that part of the film for 50 years now. Any help is much appreciated.

Guest chimienti, marlena

The movie I saw a long time ago had a character whos name was bubbles. The main character was a man who thought he liked bubbles but fell in love with a woman who ran a pajama factory. With the help of the man and bubbles they succesfully pull off a fashion show and save the factory. I have no idea of the name and would love it if someone could tell me. It's driving me nuts!

Guest Terry, Cindy

Here's a stumper! Black & white comedy -- I can't remember the actors, but one scene in the movie has unmarried couple sharing a bed with a sheet hung over a rope to separate them. Possibly with Katherine Hepburn & Spencer Tracy, but I don't picture their faces in that scene. Maybe Cary Grant? Thanks in advance Cindy

Guest Catir, Zack

PLEASE HELP!!! I've been looking for this particular movie for over 7 months! It stars Loretta Young. She is marred to a mean man, and he has written a letter saying something to the effect that she is responsible for his illness that eventually kills him. He try to mail the letter, and somehow she (his wife) finds out and has to hunt down the mailman to get the letter. In one scene she is running down the street looking for the mailman. I can't tell you any more that that do you know what the name of the movies is????

Guest Valli, Elizabeth

Hi.. the movie you're asking about is called "Dear Ruth" with Mona Freeman, William Holden and Joan Caulfield. There was a sequel to it called "Dear Wife" and a third in the series but I can't remember what it was.. Sorry! Hope that helps!

Guest Valli, Elizabeth

On Borrowed Time.. definitely. It's with Lionel Barrymore, Beulah Bondi, Sir Cedric Hardwicke and that little boy is Bobs Watson.. I love it! That little guy makes me cry everytime he cries! It's one of my favorite movies and since I made my daughter watch it with me, it's one of her favorites too!

Guest Frehner, Hollie

Year's ago I watched a wonderful movie. Where this woman was in love with an army officer that was stationed at boys school. So she dressed up like a young girl and said she was someones niece or daughter or something like that. And went to the boys school with him. I can not remember any of the actors. But it was a wonderful movie. If any of you know what this movie might be please let me know..... Thank you!!!!!!!

Im trying to figure out what this movie is called. I believe it was made in the 60-70's its a scifi movie i thought its called pegasus v.s's somthing its about two super computers one in the u.s and one in russia. the one in the u.s is in a huge fort and there is a bridge that is connected to it the bridge goes up and there is radio active stuff that protect the u.s super computers.... But the two computers start to talk to each other and give each other math then they come up with binary so now the computer can talk to each other and understand each other.. that is a little bit about the movie.

Guest sidnian

Tonight there was a movie on with talking dogs that I had never seen before. Unfortunately my tv guide and this web site has Jaws listed for what was playing at that time. Could someone please tell me what it was and if there is a web site out there that I could purchase a copy of this? Or, if there are more movies/episode of this? It was on right before a Mar Brothers movie. Thanks!

Guest Cat, Maggie the

That was one of a series called "Dogville." MGM made a series of parodies of current films with dogs in all the roles. Dunno which one it was, though.

Guest Annie, Apple

Need info on an old b&w movie-- I believe it took place in New York. It was about a bag lady "Apple Annie"(?). Her daughter was ashamed of her and didn't want her fiance to meet her mother. Would love to see this movie again. Thanks for your help! :-)

Guest Annie, Apple

HELP!! All we can remember about this b&w movie is a mother goes to jail & her son is her court appointed attorney, but he doesn't know his client is his mother. Maybe Joan Crawford is the mother??? Thank you!