Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest TCMhost-Joy

I'm completely stumped by the pug dog film, too. I've done as much researching as I can do without any more substantial details (actors, actresses, director, etc.). Maybe one of our classic movie experts will be able to help!

Guest Snuggles

The movie Gaslight with Ingrid Bergman and I beleive Claude Raines is one of the best suspence movies every made. I would like to see it on Turner Classic Movies or buy the tape.

I have a particular interest in the James Cagney film "Man of a 1000 Faces," as a distant relative, Ralph Wheelwright, received an Oscar nomination for working on the story. How was Dorothy Malone's performance as the first wife generally regarded? I find her an interesting actress.

Guest Miller, Jim

I'm pretty sure this is the one with Gable, Norma Shearer as the girl and her father, the lawyer (Lionel Barry more who won the Oscar for Best Actor in this one).

Guest CornellWoolrich

In "To Have and Have Not," there is a song that Hoagy Carmichael's character is seen composing, and later he performs it with Lauren Bacall singing. Does anyone know of a recording of this available outside of the film itself? Or of a soundtrack release? I have wanted this song for years!ThanksMark

Guest PatAnn22

I haven't seen this film either, but would love to. Robert Walker was one of my favorite actors.He was mostly known for comedies. However, Mr. Walker proved he could do drama just as well. Such as in Strangers on a Train. I believe he was just hitting his stride when his life was cut too short. He had been married to actress, Jennifer Jones and when she divorced him to marry David O Sleznick. Mr. Walker never got over her. Tragic end.

Guest PatAnn22

I would like to see more Ida Lupino movies too. She was a fine actress and also a director of some merit. Two of her directorial movies that I remember are: Young Lovers, starring Sally Forrest and Young Lovers, starring Salley Forrest again.

Guest PatAnn22

Susan Peters was a fine young actress.She did not make all that many movies but she definitely graced the ones she was in. She also starred in Random Harvest with Ronald Coleman and Greer Garson.

Guest rjvalens

i'm looking for a movie with yul brenner and george maharis, made in the 60's or 70's, both george and yul played indian chiefs of different tribes, not much information i know, but its all i could remember. if someone knows the title of this film, would you please pass it on to me.forever grateful Richard

Guest TCMhost-Claire

The song that Bacall sings in To Have and Have Not is "How Little We Know", by Hoagy Carmichael with lyrics by Johnny Mercer. There is a recording of it on Carmichael's record "Hoagy On My Mind". I'm not sure if it it's the exact recording from the movie (e.g., with Bacall singing) or another version. You can download a sound sample; go to http://www.cdnow.com and search by song for How Little We Know.The song has been recorded by a number of artists, including Frank Sinatra, Carmen McRae and Michael Feinstein.

Guest railbird

Just found the boards, sorry it wasn't sooner...The movie you're probably referring to stars one of my all time favorites, William Powell and Irene Dunne (and a young Elizabeth Taylor), but it's in color, it's "Life with Father"

Guest molly93

can anyone tell me what the name of this movie was?It had a grandpa who took care if his granddaughter.They had fairies in the tree in the back yard.And they took the granddaughter away because they thought the grandpa was losin it?

Guest kstquilter

I really hope that you have found the name of the movie we're looking for. I don't remember Elizabeth Taylor being in it but I may not have been paying attention! Thank you so much for your help!

Guest GLabovitz

On Borrowed Time starred Lionel Barrymore as Gramps and Cedric Hardwicke as "Death" who Gramps treed. Bob Watson played the little kid, a boy, though, not a girl. It's not quite the same movie as you described, but I'm wondering if you meant this movie. At the end, "Death" takes Gramps and the little boy.

Guest tcmovies

Does anyone know where Katharine Hepburns cameo is in the movie? I have looked for it and just can't seem to find her. Thanks all.

Guest clore

That she's a passenger on The African Queen - there is a clip of Bogie pulling the Queen, Bob yells "Hey look, there's Bogie" and Bing bends over, and says "And here's his Oscar" which Bob snatches, remarking that Crosby already has one.I've also seen her credited for this (as Rose Sayer, her "Queen character"), so unless the TV print I've seen is cut from the theatrical version, this is the only explanation I can imagine as to the "uncredited-credit."

Guest berwick

That occurs in "Life With Father" but that's a technicolor film. In the same scene did the father get furious over a rubber plant?Phyllis

Guest Nienie

I'm trying to find out the title to a movie starring Robert Cummings and Elizabeth Scott. He is in the Airforce, and I believe they are married to one another. He finds out that he is dying and doesn't want her to know. The one specific scene I remember is on the night before he leaves, they are dancing and he tells her that if anything happens to him "Don't grieve me baby". It has been many years since I have seen this movie and I would like to see it again. Thanks for your help -

Guest oldcf

Looking for the name, and possible viewing of a James Cagey film where he is some sort of official with the Irish Republican Army. On another note in the Life With Father cast is a young Martin Miner (later of Adam-12 fame) as the son who almost poisons his mother, a classic, pure classic.