Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest jannie1952

Hi...saw a movie a year or so ago (actually the beginning of it several times - but never able to see the end!). I can't remember if the name of the movie is "Inside Daisy Kenyon" or just "Daisy Kenyon" or perhaps I am all wet on the title. It stars Joan Crawford as a married woman having an affair with an architect (or her husband is the architect and I forget whom she's having affair with) and murder happens - never saw enuf to remember or know who was murdered by whom - would really like to view the entire movie. Can anyone help with the correct title of this movie and if it's available on video and/or will TCM ever show it? Thanks!

Guest Barb34

Can someone help with the title to a movie which has eluded me for over a year now! It stars William Holden, is a Civil War drama, and the background music for the film is Tchaikovsky's "Capriccio Italian". Every time I hear this music, it reminds me of this film and is driving me crazy! Help!

Guest TCMhost-Joy

Daisy Kenyon (1947) is the correct film title, and it does star Joan Crawford. It is owned by Twentieth-Century Fox, so it would have to be leased by TCM in order for us to show it. You may request it using the "Request a Movie" link at the top of the page.Unfortunately, I had no success finding it on video or dvd. I would keep checking on ebay (http://www.ebay.com). They had several posters from the movie on auction, but that was it.

Guest Barb34

The movie you saw was funny, particularly the scene at the dining room table. It starred Irene Dunne, as the Mother, and I believe William Powell, as the Father. Elizabeth Taylor played a small supporting role as a distant cousin visiting the family and the oldest son in the family, Clarence, I believe was enamoured of her. The story portrayed family life in the late 1800's. It was shown on TCM recently, probably even on Father's Day.

Guest TCMhost-Joy

I did a little research, and found two civil war movies starring William Holden, but could not find "Capriccio Italian" in the soundtrack listing.The two film titles are: "The Horse Soldiers" (1959)William Holden stars as Major Henry "Hank" Kendall, Regimental Surgeon. And "Escape from Fort Bravo" (1953) with Holden as Captain Roper.

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Hobos were a common theme during the silent era--was the film you saw a silent, by any chance? Two of the most famous movies featuring hobos are The Tramp (1915), with Charlie Chaplin, and I am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang (1932), with Paul Muni. Could either of these be the film?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Could the film be The Deep (1977)? The plot, based on a novel by Peter Benchley (author of Jaws), revolves around treasure-hunters at a wreck in the Caribbean. It stars Jacqueline Bisset, Nick Nolte, Robert Shaw, Louis Gossett Jr. and Eli Wallach. These are probably not the film you're looking for, but here are some films that would make a great underwater film festival. Those that lack quality make up for it in camp value:The Incredible Petrified World (1959)City Under the Sea (1965) (also called War Gods of the Deep)Captain Nemo and the Underwater City (1969)The Man from Atlantis (1977)City of Lost Children (1995)The latter is also one of the most visually interesting films I've every seen: it evokes the feel of underground comics, in a strange combination of innocence and the macabre.

KITTY FOYLE (1940). The story line sounds amazingly like what you've described. It is an absolutely wonderful movie, and I have no intention of ruining the ending for you (excellent ending)! KITTY FOYLE plays moderately regularly on TCM, so your chances of seeing it are good. Ginger Rogers (who appears as a brunette in this one, instead of a blonde) won the academy award for best performance in a leading role for her portrayal of Kitty. Also, if you are too anxious and can't wait for it to be shown on TV, this may be out there on video so you might want to check at Blockbuster or some video store like that.One note--the guy Kitty meets when she trips the alarm in the store is a doctor, not a fireman.It's great to know you love classic movies! You really picked an A+ winner with this one! Hope you get to see it SOON!!

Guest MALINDA38

I DO NOT KNOW THE NAME OF THIS MOVIE. IT IS ABOUT TWO WOMEN WHO OPEN UP A SCHOOL FOR GIRLS. ONE OF THE GIRLS GETS CAUGHT WITH ANOTHER GIRLS BRACELET AND SPREADS THIS OFFENSIVE STORY THAT THE TWO WOMEN ARE LESBIANS. THE TWO WOMEN GO TO TRIAL AND PROVE THE GIRL WAS LYING BUT THEY WERE BOTH RUINED. THEN ONE OF THE WOMEN CONFESSED THAT SHE SECRETLY DID LOVE THE OTHER WOMEN AND KILLED HER SELF. NEED TO KNOW THE NAME OF THIS MOVIE

Guest MALINDA38

I DO NOT KNOW THE NAME OF THIS MOVIE. IT IS ABOUT TWO WOMEN WHO OPEN A SCHOOL FOR GIRLS. ONE OF THE GIRLS GETS CAUGHT STEALING ANOTHER GIRLS BRACELET AND SPREADS THIS OFFENSIVE STORY TO HER GRANDMOTHER THAT THE TWO WOMEN ARE LESBIANS. THEY GO TO TRIAL AND PROVE THAT THE GIRL WAS LYING BUT THEY WERE RUINED. THEN ONE OF THE WOMEN CONFESSED TO THE OTHER THAT SHE WAS SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH HER AND SHE TOOK HER LIFE AT THE END. DESPERATE.

THE CHILDREN'S HOUR. It was previously made in the 1930's, only the lesbian involvement was changed to a menage a tois between a doctor and the two teachers. The 1930's version is called THESE THREE. Both versions are excellent. You might try and see THESE THREE on TCM, as it occassionally aires.

Guest TCMhost-Joy

Good timing on this film, as TCM plans to air it on Thursday, August 16 at 1:00 AM (ET), so mark your calendar to set your VCR. This film is part of the 18-movie tribute to TCM's August Star of the Month, James Garner.

Guest susierocket

Hi! Last summer at about 7 am I left a wonderful movie to attendsummer school. I have no idea what the movie is titled, but I sodesire to see it again. It was about a girl who had an Irish policeofficer father I believe. She works for some form of a newspaperoffice and falls in love with the rich young man that sorta runs itfor his family. He sweeps her off her feet to New York City (andthere Prohibition is recalled, and the bartender remarks how he'llnever survive because of it). Later she makes love to this man forthe first time in some cabin, and he breaks her heart. She moves toNew York City and rooms with a couple girls in a small apartment. One of the girls sleep in a bathtub, which is really funny. Andwhenever someone has a date, the girls have to squeeze in thebathroom. Later while the leading actress is working in someperfume store, she accidentally sets off the fire alarm and pretendfaints. There she meets this fireman who falls head over heels forher. She invites him over, and they play cards. And they date,even though her heart is not in it. However, this is all I sawthanks to my summer school English class. I would love to know thetitle and see this movie. PLEASE HELP! I've been writing otherpeople, with no help. I soooo want to see the ending. I'm only 16,but I love classic movies. Thanks..HOPE to hear from you soon!!!

Guest TCMhost-Joy

You'll see this film as part of TCM's Star Of The Month: James Garner tribute. It will air on Thursday, August 16, at 1:00 am (ET), co-hosted intro with Mr. Garner.

Guest MALINDA38

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST AND QUICK RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION INVOLVING MOVIE CLASSICS. I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE THAT MOVIE AGAIN. TCM TELLS ME IT WILL AIR AUGUST 16. THANK YOU AGAIN.

Then his role is very similiar to Joel McCrae's in THESE THREE (the 1930's version). Joel played a doctor in love with Merle Oberon. Thanks for the information.

It's a goodie! Keep your eyes peeled for the 1930's version too--THESE THREE. It's not shown a lot, but it is absolutely fabulous. A talented pre-teen named Bonita Granville plays the girl who gets the rumors started, and she is the original evil child! She steals the show! The lesbian affair was changed to a menage a trois situation because this movie was filmed after the production code was being enforced, and a lesbian affair would not have ever been allowed onscreen. Both are good films!

Guest rachael

Could someone help me with the title to a Dana ANdrews movie. In this film he is a passenger on a plane. The pilot and co pilot come down with food poisoning. So do many of the passengers. He has some experience in small aircraft flight and is elected by the Doctor on the plane to fly it. I haven't seen this film in years and wish they would show it on TCM. Also I haven't seen Swamp Fever In years. Dana was in it with Walter Brennan and Susan Hayward. Anyway, can someone help me with his passenger who becomes a pilot movie? Thanks alot.

Guest rachael

I saw two movies as a child that they never seem to show anymore. Haley mills was in Tiger Bay with Horst Bucholz. It was her first film and her father, John Mills, was also in it. SHe was also in a film with ALan Bates called Whistle Down the WInd. Would anyone like to talk about these two movies? Has anyone seen them lately? Has anyone seen "Swamp Fever," lately? This film was with Dana Andrews and Walter Brennan and Susan Hayward. Isn't it odd how some films rarely, if ever, get shown anymore.There is another old movie I saw as a child on tv. that never gets shown but I cannot recall the title. In it some men go into the amazon looking for the amazon women of legend. They stumble upon them. IT is a colony of women who only keep men for purposes of breeding and then eventually get rid of them. I think this movie was made back in the early fifties. Anyone recall it?