Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest TCMhost-Joy

The movie that you described is Zero Hour (1957). It does star Dana Andrews, but Walter Brennan and Susan Hayward arent listed. The other top billing actors/actresses are: Linda Darnell and Sterling Hayden.Dana Andrews did three moview with Walter Brennan. They are: The North Star (1943); Swamp Water (1941) and The Westerner (1940). Andrews did two movies with Susan Hayward, Canyon Passage (1946) and My Foolish Heart (1949).

Guest cupidnca

Hi, I don't know the name of the movie your talking about, but yes that was Sally field and also David Carridine plays her boyfriend. hope this helps,,,,maybe you can look up Sally field movies.cupidnca

Guest pattiegirl1616@aol.com

I would like to know if anyone else has every seen this movie?I thinkthat the movie came out in 1946 to 1949. I would like to know if ithas ever been showed on TV..? Or can you buy it?I think Glen Ford andEvelyn Keyes played the leads. The had the most beautiful clothes this 15 year old girl has ever seen.

Guest Cindy

I have seen this movie. The reason I know is cuz I enjoy watching Evelyn Keyes. I believe channel AMC does show it once in awhile!

Guest pattiegirl1616@aol.com

Thanks,windy for the scope on" Mating of Millime" I will be watching MAC a little closer. I now have a partner for the classic movies. Mydaughter is really into old movies, It's great fun to be able to tellher all the names of all of the old actors and caresses that she watches or when we watch together. usually have a story about something that was capping in my life when I first saw the movie. Of course I can remember all the old movies ,from start to finish, butnow I can sit and watch almost the whole thing before I know I have seen it, But you save money that way. so long P.

Guest BettyJ

The music passage that recurs through that piece is part of the wonderful "Citizen Kane" soundtrack written by Bernard Herrman. It's the part where you see Charles Foster Kane as a young boy sledding down the hill near his mother's boarding house. Such a magical passage of music!!

Guest calalily

What is the movie that features Marion Davies, Gary Cooper and Frederick March? Gary Cooper was an artist and Frederick March was a writer and I've forgotten what Marion Davies role was. 1930 something?

Guest Lcacicia

Marino cavies and Gray Cooper were in Operator 13 (1934). It was a drama set in the Civil War. She plays a double role as a spy disguise as a slave/northern belle. Cooper plays apt. Jack Gailliard a Southern officer who falls for cavies. She is delightful in this movie. As far as I know cavies and Fredric March were never in a film together.

Guest crisopera

...you're referring to DESIGN FOR LIVING, which actually starred Miriam Hopkins alongside Cooper and March, directed by Ernst Lubitsch from the Noel Coward play.

Guest calalily

That's the one! Miriam Hopkins. I stand corrected. Thank you. I haven't seen that film in a long time. Do you think TCM will show it in the near future?

Guest TCMhost-Joy

I don't see it on the playlist for August, but that shouldn't stop you from requesting it. Please use the "Request a Movie" link and put let the programming folks know that you'd like to see it.

Guest Lampell

This movie takes begins on a train. A woman is reading a book (which is upside down) and sitting across from her is, ironically the author of this book. They hit it off,--meet again later and eventually marry. The woman, however is extremely possessive and ends up killing her sister and later she becomes pregnant and falls down a flight of stairs killing her own baby. (Essentially, no one must come between her and her husband.) I believe the location is in upstate New YOrk. Does this plot ring a bell with anyone? Pls help.THanks!

Guest lesjoseph

Read the book. It's a good story. I think that there have been lots of movies based on the book "Lost Horizons" and its Shangri-La. I also haven't gone through one year of scholar's bowl in high school without a question about it at the meet.

Guest lesjoseph

I started to watch a Gregory Peck movie one afternoon and had to go before I could finish it. At the beginning, he takes a train, meets a woman, and follows her to a gambling resort. In black and white. Does anyone know the title?

Guest ctalbott

Last week I was watching the 80s version with Robert Redford and remembered seeing a more recent version starring Gwyneth Paltrow. But, when I looked for it on IMDB, it wasn't listed. There was a TV version, but that's not the one I saw. It wasn't listed on IMDB's Paltrow filmography, either.Am I crazy, or has anyone else seen this particular version? I don't know if the name of it was "The Great Gatsby" but it was definitely the same movie, same character names, plot, etc. Can anyone verify this?

Guest oramsey

This John Wayne film, one of the first Flight disaster movies, is never aired on the classic movie channels. Also I seldom hear the song on classic radio. Can someone provide me with a reason for the classic movie channels not showing this great film, Thanks, Orville

Guest JoeGillis2000

You're not crazy. A&E produced a television adaptation of the book, which it aired last spring. The female star was Mira Sorvino, though, not Gwyneth Paltrow. (BTW: The Redford version of "Gtasby" was actually made in 1974, not in the '80s.)

Guest TCMhost-Claire

TCM has provided a place for you to ask questions and make requests or suggestions about TCM programming. Please use the Feedback link. Direct your email to the Programming department by choosing "Programming" in the pulldown menu. It will be automatically directed to the appropriate person from there. Thanks.Of course, we can only clarify TCM policy, not that of other classic movie channels.

Guest BobbyHarron

Hard to imagine anyone duplicating that plot!! I believe the title you're looking for is "Leave Her to Heaven" (1945), starring Gene Tierney and Cornell Wilde. Although melodramatic, it has fabulous, Oscar-winning color cinematography by Leon Shamroy, and the film offered the glamorous Tierney one of her most memorable roles.

Guest TwinIrish@aol.com

Many years ago I saw a Western movie about some people who are defending themselves against the American Indians. I believe the people are in a fort or some such. There is a tunnel through the mountain where the people put up torches at night to spot the Indians coming through the tunnel. The Indians shoot out the torches with their bows and arrows one at a time. This is little to go on but I wonder if anyone has a suggestion. Thanks a million.-Paula

Guest tcmaddict

A few months ago we watched a movie about survivors in a life boat at sea. It was black and white and we guessed it would be the 40s or early 50s. We believe it aired on TCM.The officer on the boat made some very tough decisions about who to throw out of the over crowded boat and, once wounded himself decided he should go, too. The folks in the boat rallied around him momentarily, but in the end, with rescue in sight, they abandoned him and blamed him for the deaths of others. The trailing narration said he stood trial and served time.That's about all we remember. I've searched the site for about an hour. Any thoughts on the name of this movie?

Guest SteveMPix

Many years ago (in the 1940s), I saw a movie that included a scene where someone riding on a train drew eyeglasses on a newspaper picture that led to identifiying a murderer. The hero, I think, went to the house of the victim and entered by breaking a window next to the door. Can you tell me what movie I was watching? It was a b&w movie.ThanksSteve

Guest tcmaddict

We found it!Abandon Ship 1957 with Tyrone Power.from www.allmovie.com:In this supenseful and provocative high-seas drama, the captain of a luxury liner is suddenly faced with life or death decisions when his ship sinks, leaving himself and a few survivors floating at sea in an overcrowded lifeboat that does not contain enough food, water and medical supplies to support them all. The captain is a decent fellow, but soon it becomes all too clear that he must get rid of the sick and dying. It is a mortally wounded ship's officer who makes this clear to the captain by sacrificing his own life for the others. At first the others are appalled as he and his other officer begin the grim process. The captain's girl friend loudly protests, but there is little she can do. Soon the others rally to support the captain, but when a rescue ship finally appears, they turn on him and condemn him to a watery death. In Great Britain the story is titled Seven Waves Away. Sandra Brennan