Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is That Movie?

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Guest TCMhost-Claire

Could it be THE GREAT SINNER (1949)? This black-and-white film featured Gregory Peck and Ava Garnder, and also starred Melvyn Douglas and Walter Houston, in a tale about compulsive gambling.

Guest sappleseed

Have been writing religiously for two years about two really great films and have only ever seen them once on TV (Late, Late Show).The Great Gatsby (Paramount 1949) Alan add, Betty Field, MacDonald Care, and Shelly Winters as Myrtle... great camp film... also searching desperately for an In grid Berg man/Anthony Quint film called The Visit...very dark drama about a wealthy woman who returns to the small village where she was run out of town years earlier after becoming pregnant by Quinn. She is now offering to save the village from bankruptcy with the condition that the townspeople put Quinn to death...neither are on video and saw Gatsby once in the early 80's and The Visit in 1970...Realize that they must be thousands of requests monthly, but some of those pics highlighted for presentation have been shown as regular features on TCM and don't appear to be that rare or special... These two truly are! Can you help?Frank

Guest sappleseed

Ever thought that Mr. Walker's death may have been euthanasia (similar to what happened to Wallace Reid)? It appears that he was completely consumed by alcoholism (as Mr. Reid was by narcotics) and the outlook was not very positive. Frank

Guest sappleseed

Ida in "The Hard Way" with Jack Carson, Dennis Morgan, Joan Leslie and great supporting part done by Gladys George...basically the story of "Gyspy" with sister Ida pushing Joan to stardom on the Broadway stage...really top performances all around and Ida is beautifully gowned by Orry Kelly.Frank

Guest sappleseed

Absolutely one of Bette's best...and great credit to Orry Kelly for costuming her and whoever did her makeup and hair...Probably one of her top three performances. When her cousin George says to her "Fanny, I've never seen you more beautiful" at the end of the film, its Kleenex time...no matter how many times I've seen this picture. The brothers Warner really did it with this film.frank

Guest TCMhost-Joy

We welcome suggestions...however the message boards are a place for film buffs to have open dialogues about their film and star favorites and suggestions made here can easily be overlooked.TCM has provided a place for you to ask questions and make requests or suggestions about TCM programming. Please use the Feedback link. Direct your email to the Programming department by choosing "Programming" in the pulldown menu. It will be automatically directed to the appropriate person from there. Thanks.

Guest jmgilman

When I was a kid, I saw a strange fantasy movie. Seems like it was from the late '40s to 50's. The heroine was blonde, the movie was in color and the scene I vaguely remember had her talking to large cloth bags! They were symbolic of some kind of elder or wise person I think. They were large different colored bags hung by chains and they shook when the spoke. Seems like some kind of snow or "magic dust" like material fell from them as they shook and talked. Maybe I'm crazy but if anyone knows what this might be I'd love to hear about it! Thanks.

Guest SpringJWL

I really don't have much to go on...very sorry about that, but I gotta know what this movie is called, it's been gnawing at me for a while. I'm hoping someone out there will be able to help me. My mom was watching this movie a while ago and I would drop in and out of the room and I only saw parts of the movie...parts that I don't remember. I don't even remember if it was in black and white or in color. Anyway, I remember the ending pretty well (well, it was near the ending). This guy (sorry, didn't pay attention so don't know the actors in the movie) was running in and out of rooms of what seemed like a hotel and he seemed to be hiding from a particular person and then he hid in a room with some girl and one by one people come streaming into the room and gets kinda crowded and the police come and everyone is running all over the place then they all ran out of the hotel and got into these little race cars and started driving away. Then everything went crazy, so many things happened,people were crashing into things, etc. I can't describe it as well is it was played...you know how that is, right? So, if you know, or have an idea of what the movie might be...please reply!Thanks in advance! =)

I saw a movie on TCM recently, but can't remember the title or the actors. Made in the early '40's I believe. It was a re-interpretation of the Biblical story from Adam and Eve, Noah and the Flood, Moses and the Exodus. God was played by an elderly black actor with white hair, dressed in a fine suit and hat. His angels, also black, would check on Earth and report to God about what is happening w/ God's creatures. God would go to earth and interact w/ the earthly creatures, who didn't always recognize God. The most touching part of the story was Moses handing the children of Israel to Joshua's care as they crossed into the Promised Land. Don't know the name of this fine movie. Anyone else see this?

Guest GrapeJug

I bet the name of the movie you're talking about is THE GREEN PASTURES. Actually made in 1936. This really is a wonderful movie, starring Rex Ingram as God (the Lawd) and Adam, and Eddie Anderson as Noah...I try to catch it everytime it's shown on TCM.

Guest patriot777

YOU GUYS (GIRLS) AT TCM ARE MY LAST HOPE. ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO I SAW AMOVIE,I THINK ON YOUR STATION. THE JEWS WERE BEING ROUNDED UP TO BESENT TO THE GETTOS.AFTER THEY FOUND OUT THAT THEIR OWN JEWISH POLICEARE SENDING THEIR PEOPLE TO THE DEATH CAMPS THEY STARTED TO FIGHTBACK.THEY TRY TO GET WEAPONS FROM THE UNDERGROUND BUT ARE REFUSEDBECAUSE THEY GAVE UP WITHOUT A FIGHT,AND THE FRENCH AND THE RUSSIANUNDERGROUND WOULD NOT SPARE THE WEAPONS TO TO PEOPLE THAT WOULD NOTFIGHT. THEY START TO FIGHT ON THEIR OWN THE GERMANS START TO TAKEACTION.THE JEWS START ESCAPING THROUGH THE SEWERS.ONE SCENE IS INTHE SEWERS WITH A BABY STARTING TO CRY,A MAN TAKES THE BABY TO QUIETIT,THE BABY DIES.THEY ESCAPE.I THINK THE MOVIE IS ENGLISH,I DID NOT KNOW ANY OF THE STARS.BLACKAND WHITE.PROBLY LATE 1940s EARLY 1950s.please can you help me findthis most excellent movie. THANK YOU

Guest TCMhost-Joy

Do you remember any of the actors in the film? That might help some of us come up with a title for you. Okay all you film buffs, put on your thinking caps and let's see if we can pinpoint this film.

Guest kathyd

I saw a movie several years ago. A couple were having an affair and had a rendevous in some European country (Italy, I think). They decided to stay an extra day and the plane they were supposed to be on crashed. They let their families think they were dead, so that they could stay together. After some time, they began to feel the guilt and missed their families. I believe this movie was made between the 40's and 50's, in color. The woman may have been played by Kim Novak or Janet Leigh. Does anyone know the name and the actors?

Guest arazi13

ok guys,im dying to figure this one outI saw a movie, it takes place itn the 50's but it was filmed in early 80's i think..in new york and the end of the movie has a huge rumble on a football field between and bad gang named the DUCKIES? and the main group of the movie. one guy is even beating people up with a broken arm, and does anyone have any idea what im talking about?please email me at hoser@sprint.ca

Guest donnap@ptd.net

Desperately seeking the title of two July Garland Movies that are being requested by my 18 your old daughter for a birthday gift..1. I believe is similar to You've got Mail"- July Garland and Co-star work in a musical instrument shop - The owner has a rare violin, it takes place during the Christmas season, and I believe they correspond by mail but don't know it is each other.2. I believe July Garland and Gene Kelly are in this one. She welcomes a "road Show" to practice on her farm for her sister, becomes involved with the show - dancing, singing, etc, and eventually falls in love with Gene Kelly.Thank you in advance

Guest kristinf

I saw this charming little movie and can't for the life of me remember what the title is...It's mid-1930's,I'd say.Dick Powell is ringing in the New Year with friends when he spots a pretty girl sitting alone. They get together...He sings a cute little song. She pretends to be someone she's not.. She thinks he's a window-washer...I can't remember. The female lead is someone I don't know.Can anyone help me? Thanks......