Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SEPTEMBER SCHEDULE IS UP!

CS, thanks for posting this link! I don't want Summer to end, but September looks like another great month!

Looks like I'll be calling in sick for the month AGAIN! (I design apple-peelers, so no big deal!)

Bring on the Hitchcock! I'm also eyeing Around the World in 80 Days, Topper, The Party, The Time Machine, Soylent Green, Rules of the Game, Fitzwilly...

Progressive TCM: Mad Max, Rollerball, A Boy and His Dog, Total Recall, Foxes...

Is September 25th Divorce Day or something?

Thanks again and have a great day! Mark H London ON

Boom! Thank you, CS, for the link and announcement! You rock!

I'll add to the "rockin'" list, Calvin, for always being a step ahead of the "official" schedule release, and all the work that goes into that! And Lynn this time for previewing the coolio Film series that TCM is introducing for us in the month of September, but will be spanning across a few months in scope!

You all rock!

PrinceSaliano said...

The crown jewel is CARNIVAL (1935), a rare Columbia starring Lee Tracy, Sally Eilers and Jimmy Durante.

===========================================

PrinceS,

Once again, we're on the same page! I was also about to post that the rare 1935 Columbia CARNIVAL is a highlight of the month for me! Let's hope it remains on the schedule through its Sept. 21 broadcast day.

Other Sept. TCM highlights for me include:

Sept. 2 -HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (1962) - the first of the wonderful comedies of Pierre Etaix that TCM has repeated after the night of his films a few months ago. I'm glad to see that this apparently means they have the rights to run these fun films more than once. Anyone who hasn't yet discovered this almost forgotten filmmaker's work, check him out!

Sept. 2 - Edison and Lumiere films plus lots of other silent stuff.

Sept. 3 - ISLE OF MISSING MEN (1942) - A Monogram Picture I haven't seen before! That's all I need to know - I'll be watching!

Sept. 14 - THE NIGHT THE WORLD EXPLODED (1957) - Nothing special to most people, perhaps, but an old favorite from when I saw it as a kid. Doesn't seem to show up on TV very often any more.

Also looking forward to the rarely shown Hitchcock titles such as THE MANX MAN, SKIN GAME, CHAMPAGNE, etc.

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}Boom! Thank you, CS, for the link and announcement! You rock!

>

> I'll add to the "rockin'" list, Calvin, for always being a step ahead of the "official" schedule release, and all the work that goes into that! And Lynn this time for previewing the coolio Film series that TCM is introducing for us in the month of September, but will be spanning across a few months in scope!

>

> You all rock!

If you promise to keep this a secret (since only 99,999 movie fans currently know it -- CS has no monopoly on this secret, by the way), I will give you a little tip that you can use to try out any specific month in advance to see whether the schedule is out yet.

Near the end of the URL is a number that runs from 1 to 10, corresponding with the number of the month that you are testing. Just plug the month's number into this URL position and presto! Nothing bad will happen if no schedule shows up.

Once again, be sure not to tell anyone our little secret.

musikone

(what won't they think of next?)

> {quote:title=musikone wrote:}{quote}

> Near the end of the URL is a number that runs from 1 to 10, corresponding with the number of the month that you are testing.

Does that mean that November and December are not available by that method? :)

> {quote:title=SansFin wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=musikone wrote:}{quote}

> > Near the end of the URL is a number that runs from 1 to 10, corresponding with the number of the month that you are testing.Does that mean that November and December are not available by that method? :)

What it means is that I made an error :_| :_| :_| . This happens to be the first error that I have ever made in my life. Please keep this is a secret -- just like that well-kept secret of the schedule URL that I recently divulged.

Let me elaborate on my complicated error, which requires some considerable degree of explanation. That small round circle following the number 1 should be a number 2. With this complex correction, there would be twelve possibilities for that slot in the URL. As you may possibly be aware, there are twelve months in a year. Therefore, your whole yearly gamut of schedules will then become availabale, instead of ending on Halloween, with a moan of despair, as I suggested -- before you unceremoniously caught me.

This explanation is really a costly procedure for one who never, never, never makes errors. But this is the cross that I have to bear (sigh) for this tragic slip.

:( musikone :(

Edited by: musikone on Jul 3, 2013 4:37 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings