Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New and improved Now Playing magazine!

jakeem

I received the August edition of TCM's Now Playing magazine a couple of days ago, and noticed a house ad on the front inside cover that says the September issue will be new and improved.

Among the improvements:

1. Thirty-three percent more pages.

2. An additional article each month.

3. Improved programming overview (with daytime themes).

4. Larger photographs.

I must say the cover of the September issue (featuring Kim Novak) looks great. Can't wait to see the actual magazine!

> {quote:title=TheCid wrote:}{quote}Hope they add an indicator which shows when a movie is in a foreign language.

Me, too. Why, those furrin movies are positively Un-American! And who knows what they're "really" saying in those funny languages of theirs, I'll bet it's about Communism!

• 1 month later...

I just received my September copy in the mail, and it's definitely an improvement. It's very easy on the eyes. I also noticed the subscription price has gone up to $13.99!

Edited by: jakeem on Aug 6, 2013 6:05 PM

We have received it.

It is much nicer in many ways. It makes me happy that they have been so thoughtful in the changes.

One element which I do not like is there are larger pictures but they look odd because they are missing any background which takes them out of context. I believe I would be much happier to see complete frames from a movie.