Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your top 6 Alien Sci films from 50's-60's

melodrae

Good list. Since the 1960's are allowed, maybe "Village of The Damned" too? The fact that you never actually see an alien, only the "alienated" children, always made it seem especially scary to me. "The Space Children" (1958) had kind of the same idea going for it. It was a cheap way to make a low-budget film about alien invasion (no aliens), but it was also effective. The guys with the huge craniums with the white wigs on top in "This Island Earth" both made me chuckle and gave me the willies at the same time. The idea of aliens living among us, rather than swooping down from the sky, was what creeped me out the most. Guess I'm a typical 50's red-scare baby.

• 3 months later...

1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers

2. The Thing

3. The Day The Earth Stood Still

4. War of the Worlds

5. Invaders From Mars

6. It Came From Outer Space.

Going on nothing but memory for #'s 4-6. Invasion, The Thing and The Day the Earth Stood Still are powerhouse sci fi films IMO. I never fail to catch Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Thing whenever they are shown.

Edited by: lanceroten on Oct 21, 2013 7:31 PM

Edited by: lanceroten on Oct 21, 2013 7:32 PM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings