Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SUGGESTING A GUEST PROGRAMMER

Vidgirl8

>maybe B.M. (with his sarcastic style), could do something with him

Yes! Charlie Sheen and Ben Mankiewicz could drive around in that convertible Ben used in one of the segments he did. And they could stop off at various points of interest while introducing classic movies-- and knowing Charlie, those points of interest could be anywhere! It would be a hoot.

It would be a "hoot" to watch Charlie drive around with Ben, but as far as being a 'Guest Programmer', would he take it seriously or would he just ramble on about whatever comes to his mind like he always does when he is being interviewed?

Poor Bob would have a hard time with him !

Twink

I remember hearing or reading when one guest programmer was scheduled that she wished to be on and her publicist had to push hard to make it happen. I do not recall specifics but I remember there being a reference soon after to a different person having difficulty landing the spot.

These make me believe that it is a coveted gig and that TCM does not have to go out and recruit people to do it. I must wonder how many people they must turn down each year for one of the twelve openings.

> {quote:title=johnbabe wrote:}{quote}i have already suggested Matthew Modine - he is very knowledgable about movies = is current and so handsome - please ask him to come on TCM - i bet he would!

Yes, he's current--if you are still living in 1988. I'm sure he'd be fine, but I'm not sure if I'd agree he's a hot "get" anymore.

If she has not been already, I would like to suggest Jennifer Jason Leigh. If she has been, I think she should be asked back again. She is a very knowledgeable and versatile actress who takes the craft very seriously, with a body of work recognizable to both the young and not-so-young. I find her interviews interesting; she is one of the few current actresses who is just that......an actress, not a "movie star"......................

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings