Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bogart Vs. Cagney Vs. Robinson

Bogie would probably be my favorite of the three... but that also might be because I’ve seen more of his films. 

All three men are very versatile in different ways, perhaps Cagney is most versatile. How many actors can do gangster films and musicals??

if you haven’t seen it yet, watch Cagney accept his 1974 AFI Lifetime Achievement Award on You Tube. 

7 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Bogie would probably be my favorite of the three... but that also might be because I’ve seen more of his films. 

All three men are very versatile in different ways, perhaps Cagney is most versatile. How many actors can do gangster films and musicals??

if you haven’t seen it yet, watch Cagney accept his 1974 AFI Lifetime Achievement Award on You Tube. 

Speedracer, I was an AFI member back in '92 though at lowest level & around 200 Chris Merrill then head og mgt & merchandizing sent me vids of 100yrs specials, posters, booklets,etc which I still of course saved *was liky enough to vhs several of the Annual awards>J Ford, Nicholson, rsese, Spielberg, De Niro but could never get CAGNEY'S?   Your right check it out immediately fans  He was just then coming down with diabetes, but not yet in hair   It's a marvelous website to begin with

Most don't know why the likes of K. Hepburn, Garbo, Brando were never awarded it, recipient must accept it in person

Thwey oughtta be ashamed though not to give it to CHAPLIN, or JOHN WAYNE, not to mention CARY GRANT???