Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM available to go?

tcmfan4ever82!

I've just found out online here at tcm.com that a mobie version of the TCM television network will be available to "stream" on your mobile device; I know that they have others like their Classic Film Festival as well as their newest one via the TCM triva apps...am I dreaming or is this really happening because that would be a wonderful thing to occur for all devoted classic film lovers. Any thoughts/comments?

Streaming is coming to TCM but there will be a caveat (at least for now) according to the press release.

Much like HBOGO, you will have to have already receive TCM via cable or satellite to be able to enjoy streaming on your mobile phones, tablets or computers.

It sounds like you will have to login with your cable or satellite account number.

• 3 weeks later...

Dish Networks also offers live streaming, plus acess to what you have on your DVR drive, via your mobile device. You have to [of course] have their service at home in order to get the app to synch to your system, and you must have TCM in your monthly Dish programing package.

App is free but you have to buy a small piece of gear from Dish one time, and connect that gear via a USB cable to your Dish DVR receiver in your home. Once that gear is activated [very easy to do], the app will start working. No monthly charge from Dish or charges for the streaming from Dish. Obviously, your mobile carrier may charge for data usage, depending on your mobile plan$...

Works great on 4G, not so good on 3G. Eats up huge bandwith, as any movie streaming does...

See "mydish.com" for details...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings