Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

looking for the title of a 1940's suspense movie

quiltlady13

hello there,

a couple of years ago i saw a suspense movie but can't remember the name. it was possible made in the 1940's.

it starts out with several people driving up to an old house. they were going there for a dinner party. then weird stuff starts to happen. come to find out, the owner had bought some antique furniture and had it moved into the house. then soon after , spooky stuff started to happen. the end of the film is a loop around to the people in the car, driving up to the house for the dinner party.

any suggestions ? thanks

Sounds like the 1945 horror anthology film *Dead of Night*, from England. I don't remember a houseful of haunted furniture though, just one very EVIL mirror...and that was featured in only one of the 5 sequences. Your description of the looping device, where Mervyn Johns is shown waking from his nightmare and returning to the house, is what makes me think it's *Dead of Night*.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings