Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
traceyk65

Classic Hollywood Daily Divas

That for the great experience with this one of Bette drinking coffee.   When I saw it I couldn't see the punch line.  So I said to myself;  really cute picture of Bette but 'here's my cup of caring' isn't very funny,,  oh well'.   THEN I scrolled down and saw the punch line.  You made my day!   

Yes, that's one of the best.

Tracey,

How about some with battling or dueling divas? I notice you use photos with only one diva in them. 

Also, it might be fun to see some that involve opera divas.

Tracey,

How about some with battling or dueling divas? I notice you use photos with only one diva in them. 

Also, it might be fun to see some that involve opera divas.

Im still trying to work out a series with child actors...LOL But I will think on it.

• Like 1

I love the Davis-Crawford one. Good job!

By the way, when I mentioned opera divas in an earlier post-- I meant opera divas in classic movies, like Susan Alexander Kane in CITIZEN KANE; or some of Jeanette MacDonald or Kathryn Grayson's MGM stuff.

I love the Davis-Crawford one. Good job!

By the way, when I mentioned opera divas in an earlier post-- I meant opera divas in classic movies, like Susan Alexander Kane in CITIZEN KANE; or some of Jeanette MacDonald or Kathryn Grayson's MGM stuff.

Gotcha. I'll have to do some research--I honestly am not entirely familiar with much of their filmography. I think the only McDonald movie Ive ever realy seen is San Francisco and Im not sure Ive ever seen anythng with Grayson. 

paulette%20dibs_zpsmmfpoxpm.png

It was so cute, I didn;t have the heart to tell them Harry Winston always gets first dibs.

attention_zpsuduqjm6x.png

Oh, this is a keeper for me.   It comes from one of my favorite movies (It's Love I'm After with Leslie Howard, Bette and Olivia,  wow what a cast!).

This is the first time Olivia worked with Bette and Olivia was very intimidated,  but they became close friends a few years and movies later,  especially after Olivia's GWTW performance which impressed everyone in Hollywood. 

• Like 1

I like that movie too. It's one of the few times Bette did comedy and she's really pretty good at it. I even think she did well in The Bride Came C.O.D., though I think there were too many "cactus spines in the behind" jokes... Even though I love screwball cemedy, the slapstick stuff that was pretty standard sort of leaves me cold. They still would have been enjoyable without it--the dialogue and chemistry between the the stars it what sells it for me. 

I love it. You are in rare form with these latest ones. Good stuff.

Thanks. Some of them are actual quotes from the Divas, so credit where credit is due!