Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic Hollywood Daily Divas

traceyk65

> {quote:title=traceyk65 wrote:}{quote}She was lovely. I still don;t know what she's wearing. It reminds me of when I was a little kid and used to roll up in the drapes.

Carole heard you...

carolelombardp1202-191f_zpse0a2e328.jpg

Cute. I wonder if that is the picture Dietrich was talking about when she referred to the lame they dressed Carole Lombard in? I can't remember the exact quote, but Maria Riva writes about the search for a perfect fabric for one of Dietrich's films (DEVIL IS A WOMAN maybe?) Anyway, Dietrich didn;t think too highly of it.

marlene21_zps9cf38f26.png

> {quote:title=The quote is:

> }{quote}

> "Travis -- I know we have a blacker black than this velvet. The nap is too short on this to look rich on the screen, and where is the georgette we didn't use in 'Blonde Venus'? Did you use it for Lombard? That old satin you draped her with for those publicity stills -- really! -- off the shoulder? A la 'vamp'? Lombard? She looked silly..."

>

> It's from the entry http://carole-and-co.livejournal.com/414055.html (and the film in question was "The Scarlet Empress").

>

>

>

>

>

> ___________________

>

>

>

>

>

> traceyk65 wr

>

>

>

>

>

> Cute. I wonder if that is the picture Dietrich was talking about when she referred to the lame they dressed Carole Lombard in? I can't remember the exact quote, but Maria Riva writes about the search for a perfect fabric for one of Dietrich's films (DEVIL IS A WOMAN maybe?) Anyway, Dietrich didn;t think too highly of it.

>

>

>

>

>

> marlene21_zps9cf38f26.png

>

>

>

>

>

You're probably right...except possibly in a movie. (Well not in so many words, but that was the message of Adam's Rib after all. )

Ive always had mixed feelings about their relationship in real life. Maybe Kate had a streak of **** she was indulging?

Archived