Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For the umpteenth time again...

*Jason and the Argonauts* tonite at eight. I do not like it much yet I find some of it amusing. The movie opens with this Pelias creep being verbally impatient with his seer who likes to dirty his fingers in ashes and then stare at them. Then this crud slaughters a young mother with a sword in the back in a temple and then compartmentalizes every evil deed he commits with the gods letting him do it. The story then shifts to 20 years later with youthful hero Jason. unreligious Jason gets a trip to Olympus by Mercury to be stared at by a giant Niall McGinnis and a voluptious Honor Blackman as Zeus and Hera. He doesn't need the help of the gods...they like that. So he visits with the argo's builder and assembles his crew with dependable greek athletics. Gary Raymond (Moffett from The Rat Patrol) shows up as a mole of Pelias' since he is the creep's son. Hercules is a middle aged-looking type with an admirable physique. He and his young tagalong come upon giant sculptures of the gods on an island. So here is Hercules looking rather small staring up at Talos. Strange I've always thought because this guy is suppose to be a demigod and the son of Zeus. So muscles forces open Talos and steals a golden botkin needle and it's Talos' time to creak. Later on we see a brawny Neptune exerting himself between rock cliffs but for me the absolute highlight is blind Phineas and the harpies who won't even let him eat bowled fruit so later on Jason and crew secure the harpies and assure Phineas of a steady diet. Phineas getting mad a Zeus is always a hoot for me. The gods are pushing him and his stomach too far. "Growl are you want, Zeus. I mean what I say." Now that's scary. A blind seer angry because some ugly bird ladies keep stealing his grub and won't let 'em eat.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings