Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Richard Brooks Day

It is one of the best songs ever written, period. Not just for a film. The best version, IMHO, is by Streisand. The melody AND lyrics are fantastic. "North and south and east and west, of your life. I have only one request of your life, that you spend it all with me". Sublime.

Edited by: finance on Jul 16, 2013 6:17 PM

Yes, I think *The Catered Affair* is an excellent film. However, it's not my favorite Richard Brooks film. I know you don't care for it finance, BUT my favorite Richard Brooks film is *Elmer Gantry* . I never tire of it. The performances by everyone are brilliant and so is the film.

Brooks' "Battle Circus"was MASH before the tv MASH.But it was not a very good movie. Allyson and Bogart were a strange team..The dialogue was perfect for a Lifetime movie of today. Thinking back I thought the battle scenes were realistic until. I realized I got them mixed up with those in. "Pork Chop Hill".Anyway "Battle Circus" was definitely not one of Brooks' best.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings