Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
honey1

Looking to find names of 2 old horror movies

Hello

Ive been trying unsuccessfully for many years to find 2 old horror movie titles...Movies that I saw on t.v. as a kid.

Hoping I would be able to find the movies and be able to watch them again.

One is an old witch movie. I remember it being about a young woman and there was a school and there

were witches in the cellar of the school. I thought it was Horror Hotel but it isnt. Im guessing the movie was from the 1950s or about that era.

The other old horror movie was about a man/doctor who's wife or love of his life had a disfigured face and

he would kill beautiful women and try to use their faces and transplant them onto his wife's disfigured one. He kept failing at it.

I wish I had more information but that is all that I can remember. Perhaps something Ive mentioned will ring a bell to someone. Thanks so much for all and any help.

Thank you both for replying to my request.....I just ordered Eyes Without a Face ......and look forward to seeing that one....and will look into the other ones as well....even if they turn out to not be the exact movies....I will enjoy watching some great old movies either way....

I do have the movie Hotel Horror....with Christopher Lee....is the City of Dead different movie....or they just use the same title?......thanks

> {quote:title=honey1 wrote:}{quote}

>

>

> I do have the movie Hotel Horror....with Christopher Lee....is the City of Dead different movie....or they just use the same title?......thanks

Same film, different titles.

A couple of other films in the face transplanting genre are the Italian films The Awful Dr. Orloff and Dr. Orloff's Monster and there's Atom Age Vampire which is somewhat similar

"Eyes With Out A Face" is one the most haunting horror films ever made- shocking, creepy and heart breaking. "The Awful Dr Orloff" (1962) is Jesus Franco best horror movie with some great moody black and white photography. If you want to see the face transplant genre taken to ridiculous extreme see "Faceless" (1987) Franco's ultimate exploitation movie.

Was "Eyes Without a Face" also known as "Horror Chamber of Dr. Faustus" ?

Edited by: omtech1 on Aug 13, 2013 9:37 PM

The second film you mention might be *She Demons,* which takes place on a remote island where the doctor deforms the native girls in an attempt to restore his wife Mona's face. It has one of my favorite lines, ever: when the doctor, who has been unsuccessful in his quest perishes in the flames, people want to take his Mona back to "civilization." She refuses to go, ripping off her bandages and saying "Would you go, if you looked like THIS..."

Irish McCalla, the original Sheena, Queen of the Jungle, was the star, playing a sort of rich playgirl stranded on the island with her friends.