Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jaws

> {quote:title=Dargo2 wrote:}{quote}WHAT, FlyBack?!

>

> You didn't get ENOUGH sharks this summers already after watchin' "Sharknado" the other night or somethin'???

>

>

> (...man, you ARE a tough guy to please, AREN'T ya?!!!)

>

>

> ;)

>

Spielberg once upon a time had a marvelous flair for simple domestic human drama like the exchanges between Roy Scheider and Loraine Gary or Richard Dreyfuss and Teri Garr. That is what is so infinitely watchable about Spielberg's older classic work. Why would I subject myself to the brainless imbecilic cgi of Syfy? Only thing watchable there are 50 year old twilight zone eps. :P

I read the BOOK "Jaws" before seeing the movie. In fact, I read it a year before the flick came out. And as good a read the book was, the movie is on my short list of "Movies that are actually BETTER than the book". Among this one are:

*Silent Partner* (from "Think Of a Number")

*The Outlaw Josie Wales* (from "Gone To Texas")

*Forrest Gump*

*The Natural*

Whoever did the screenplay for the movie *Jaws* wisely excised and discarded all the "soap opera" elements in the book( The Sherriff and his wife had troubles in the marriage, Hooper was described as a "dashing" blonde surfer looking type that the sherriff's wife had an affair with), and kept our focus on the terror perpetrated by the shark.

Well done.

Sepiatone

Yeah, it was indeed well done. SO well done in fact that I remember almost NOBODY dared venture into the ocean along the L.A. area's South Bay beaches the summer this movie first hit the screens!

Yeah, REALLY. I'm not kiddin' here!

(...talk about your "mass hysteria"!)

>Ar first glance, I thought the title of this thread was "Jews".

Hmmmm...well after THAT finance, let me see if I CAN have any better luck at that "Nazi humor" thing you attempted the other day without much success....

Okay, let's see....

Well, ya know finance, IRONICALLY one of crazy Adolf's ALTERNATE plans was to feed the Jews to SHARKS!!!

(...okay buddy, whaddaya think here?..was that any better than YOURS was, or so should we just conclude that the phrase "Nazi humor" is just too much of an oxymoron???)

LOL

;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings