Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help finding movie, B&W about young criminal and old judge

ryAn_Hdot

I vividly remember the final scene where the younger, good looking swindler-esque guy is in confrontation with the old, lawful, stern judge in the home of a woman who (I think) was the younger guys romantic lover as the younger guy was trying to evade the law. The theme of the movie was essentially the clashing of ultimate law against ultimate chaos as represented by the judge and the young guy, however, they both seem to uncover great understandings between themselves. The younger guy was trying to convince the judge that the law can't always be right or doesn't always work, and it almost seems like the judge gives in but eventually doesn't.

Rough explanation, I know, but it was over a year ago. Been searching so long trying to find this.

The movie looks like it was from maybe the 50's and was watched on TCM (American). If anyone has any idea, you'd be my hero.

It was airing sometime during March 2012. I don't know if there's a way to search TCM history by month though.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings