Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LonesomePolecat

Favorite Era for Costumes/Art Direction

I am a huge fan of the Regency/Colonial era (1700s)

627.jpg?4554

as well as the 1920s,

11625111_gal.jpg

although I love so many. This goes for clothes, buildings, cars, props, etc.

What are your favorites?

Mid-'50s to early- '60s era in my case. Yeah, I suppose as it's now known as the "Mad Men" era.

Can't think of any particular films right off the top of my head, but just think of maybe Suzy Parker and Cary Grant, and their style of that particular era.

Are you a Mad Men fan? If so, then I own you a 6 pack!

The wife and I never miss it. Why? Guess it reminds me of when I was growing up and the type of people (generally), that my mom and dad knew.

'40s, Lonesome baby. Those noir threads, dames in tight fitting gowns and guys in suits and fedoras.

And the femme fatales' hats with veils.

Also, early to mid '50s. Especially the women's clothes, beautifully cut dresses, with tiny waists and full swirly skirts. Why can't they make outfits like that now?

Edit: by "threads" I meant the slang for "clothes", not "threads" as in the discussion topics we have here.

Edited by: misswonderly on Jul 18, 2013 9:13 PM

The late 40's up to the mid 50's are nice. I like everyone looking all "chic" in their Dior New Look gowns and suits...

Bette and company in JUNE BRIDE:

junebride_zps3aa414e0.png

Dietrich (and daughter) in Dior:

mardior_zps0e08c028.png

I love the 30s -- those slinky gowns cut on the bias, which realy show a woman's natural figure. My husband loves that era because it's obvious they were wearing no underwear! I also think the 40s are great -- suits and hats, everyone looks so put together. I find the 50s too ladylike, all those poofy skirts and cinched waists.

I love the '40s and '50s styles & movie sets the most but I like anything from the '20s to the early '60s. What comes to immediate mind is Grace Kelly in "Rear Window" or Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"...classic!

Are you guyz keeping track of your '6 packs', because I've lost track ! :0

After all is said and done, you'll probably be Even and no one will Owe anything,... it'll be BYO !

Twink

From the early thirties to the mid-forties.

Those incredibly sexy dresses, and men that knew how to dress.

I'm another fan of the 30s for women's gowns and for Art Deco set designs. The designers knew that stars like Joan Crawford would wear anything, and I do mean anything, as if they looked fabulous. And they usually did! I love the men's fedoras of the 1940s and have been known to wear them myself.

These are all awesome eras. Gotta say I LOVE the '60s--well, shall we say, Jackie O era, with the slim cut dresses, suits and ties, and those absurd hats! Love it.

And I am a fan of the New Look, too

Gotta say that most of those mentioned I LOVE the art deco awesomeness of the 30s. I think that particular cut of dress is one of the most flattering ever-- and flattering for all shapes and sizes. I love the ridiculous huge collars, cuffs, and buttons,