Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BETTE on Carson tonight!

Hibi

Bette Davis will be one of the guests tonight. I hope this is the interview that was done after she made Whales of August where she was dissing Faye Dunaway, she was very funny on that show. We'll see.

I didn't see what TCM ran, but I remember Davis on TONIGHT in the early 70's, I believe, when she confessed how wrong she had been about Errol Flynn's performance in ELIZABETH AND ESSEX and how she wished he were there so she could tell him how wonderful he was. It was an incredible moment and she was genuinely repentent about her derisive attitude.

I know how ya feel, Hibi. As I've said in one of these Carson threads, I was hoping that last night's Burt Reynolds segment would have been the one where Burt tells how as a couple of young struggling actors, he and Clint Eastwood were told by some producer that they'd never make it in Hollywood, and how he missed out being in one of Gable's last movies.

(...and which of course once again would have been more pertinent to TCM's regular programing than a lot of talk about Judy Carne and ex-wives)

Edited by: Dargo2 on Jul 23, 2013 8:49 AM

I remember her appearance on "The Tonight Show" caused such an uproar that Carson began his monologue the next night saying, "Tonight Faye Dunaway will be on the show to talk about how much she loved working with Bette Davis."

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings