Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Lana Turner classic

tcmfan4ever82!

At long last....I'm very happy to report that A Life of Her Own (1950), an underrated romantic melodrama starring Lana Turner and Ray Milland, will be airing on Turner Classic Movies Friday September 6th @ 11:45am ET. I loved this classic film when it first aired on TCM and I've become hooked ever since; this is one of my favorite films from the legendary career of Turner and the cast is superb including Milland, Ann Dvorak, Louis Calhern, Jean Hagen & Barry Sullivan. For those who have yet to see it, I highly recommend viewing it whether you DVR the film or on the DVD itself!

TCM has shown this movie within the last couple of years, but I agree that it is better than the common. it features a superb performance by Ann Dvorak, although her screen time is limifed. This was Lanas first film in nearly two years; she had been off The screen due to her marriage to Bob Topping, spending much of the time traveling abroad. in the meantime, movies meant for her, i.e. MADAME BOVARY and TO PLEASE A LADY, were assigned to other actresses; other projects were canceled.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings