Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
tcmfan4ever82!

A Lana Turner classic

At long last....I'm very happy to report that A Life of Her Own (1950), an underrated romantic melodrama starring Lana Turner and Ray Milland, will be airing on Turner Classic Movies Friday September 6th @ 11:45am ET. I loved this classic film when it first aired on TCM and I've become hooked ever since; this is one of my favorite films from the legendary career of Turner and the cast is superb including Milland, Ann Dvorak, Louis Calhern, Jean Hagen & Barry Sullivan. For those who have yet to see it, I highly recommend viewing it whether you DVR the film or on the DVD itself!

TCM has shown this movie within the last couple of years, but I agree that it is better than the common. it features a superb performance by Ann Dvorak, although her screen time is limifed. This was Lanas first film in nearly two years; she had been off The screen due to her marriage to Bob Topping, spending much of the time traveling abroad. in the meantime, movies meant for her, i.e. MADAME BOVARY and TO PLEASE A LADY, were assigned to other actresses; other projects were canceled.

This movie pops up quite often, so showing it isnt an event, but thanks for alerting people.......

Great music by Bronislau Kaper, too. The opening theme is haunting.

Ann Dvorak's performance as a formerly successful model is hard to forget.

Thanks for the tip since I have never seen this movie. From the comments here it sounds like a winner. I'm a big fan of Ann Dvorak someone that wasn't feature in enough movies due to some poor career choices.