Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Flix To Groove Hard To!!! Mon, July 29-Sun, Aug 4!!!

TCM Flix To Groove Hard To!! Mon, July 29-Sun, Aug 4!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the final days of July and is having a totally groovin' summer!! Enjoying TCM Flix and Summer days and nights!

The final week of July kicks it off hard on Monday, July 29 at 6am with Greta Garbo her own bad self starring with Charles Boyer and Reginald Owen in CONQUEST (1937)!!! Then up at 1:30pm, it's Eddie G doing an outstanding turn in DR EHRLICH'S MAGIC BULLET (1940)!!! If you never thought Eddie G could do anything but gangsters, gotta check this one out! One of the finest actors ever shows it off in style! And wow, to end up the day, we see a two-fer from my main man Warren William!!! Oh yeah! At 5:30pm it's Warren with Gladys Georgs and John Beal in the 3rd version of MADAME X from 1937! This one was just on recently but I missed it, so this will be totally rad! Then it's a WW flick I've not seen before, a version of Dostoyevsky's "Crime and Punishment", along with Anne Gwynne, Nestor Pavia and Darren McGavin, in FEAR (1946)!!! This is my "must watch, must groove" pick of the week!!! Oh yeah!

Final "Herrrrrrrrrrrre's Johnnny!!" of the week with Johnny yukking and yakking with Hank Fonda, Liz Taylor, Susan Sarandon, William Holden and Godlie Hawn this Monday night!!!

Also the final SOTM turn from Paul Henreid this Tuesday night, and he goes out in style with the 8pm screening of THE CONSPIRATORS (1944), with the lovely Hedy Lamarr, and Sydney Greenstreet, and then of course it's Paul in the heavy hitting CASABLANCA (1942), where all stops are pulled!! Give a shout out!

It's all about Reno for the Wednesday daytime lineup, and we kick it off with a pre-code baby!!! MERRY WIVES OF RENO from 1934 was written by the same cat who wrote the scandalously delicious (rumored anyway) lost film, CONVENTION CITY, and this one stars Guy Kibbee, spunky **** Glenda Farrell, Donald Woods, luscious Margaret Lindsay, Hugh Herbert, my main man Frank McHugh, Ruth Donnelly and Roscoe Ates!! Oh yeah, can't go wrong!! Then it's a flick that was screened not long ago, but I'm gonna give it another whirl, cos my man Richard Dix stars, along with Anita Louise and Gail Patrick, in RENO (1940)!!! We're back to the pre-code with a vengeance with Wheeler and Woolsey!!! In PEACH-O-RENO from 1932, this one is a total hoot and highly recommended!!! Next up, it's a light flick, but one I've always enjoyed largely due to the presence of the lovely dame, Anne Jeffreys, VACATION IN RENO (1946), with Jack Haley and Wally Brown!! And we close out the day grooving hard at 3pm where we're smack dab in the middle of Ann Sothern's "Maisie" series, MAISIE GOES TO RENO (1944), where Ann is hanging with John Hodiak, Paul Cavanagh, and Donald Meek, not to mention a young Ava Gardner! Hotcha!! Then it's the noir/crime flick, 5 AGAINST THE HOUSE (1955) with Brian Keith, Kim Novak, William Conrad, and Kerwin Mathews!! And finally, tough mug Lawrence Tierney shows off his sociopathic side in BORN TO KILL (1947), with Claire Trevor, Walter Slezak, Phillip Terry, Audrey Long, and Elisha Cook, Jr!!! It's one not to miss!!

Wednesday night, Director Douglas Sirk is featured, and shows off his noir side in the wee hours at 4am with SHOCKPROOF (1949), with Cornel Wilde and Patricia Knight! Underrated flick that sizzles!!

August 1 kicks off the annual Summer Under The Stars theme for the month of August, and wow, does it ever start off in style with a full 24 hours of Bogie!!! The flix speaks for themselves and are total heavy hitters, but one thing to watch for at 6am is the excellent documentary, BOGART: THE UNTOLD STORY from 1996!!! It rocks!! As does the entire day!!! By contrast, TCM breaks out someone who many today would say "Who??!!" on Sunday, with Mary Boland featured for 24 hours!!! I totally, totally love-a-dub-dub it when TCM does this sort of thing! Her day kicks off with Richard Dix and Irene Dunne in STINGAREE (1934)!!! Then it's Ann Sothern and Burgess Meredith with Mary in THERE GOES THE GROOM (1937), followed by Mary with TCM board fave Joel McCrea, Nancy Kelly and Roland Young in HE MARRIED HIS WIFE (1940)!! Mary shows up next with my main man, Frank McHugh and Hugh Herbert in MARRY THE GIRL (1937), followed by a flick I'll be groovin' hardest to, the pre-code THE SOLITAIRE MAN (1933)!!! With Herbert Marshall, my main man Lionel Atwill, May Robson, Elizabeth Allen, Ralph Forbes, and Lucille Gleason, this one features an interesting twist that can't be missed!!! Totally rockin' flick!!! Later in the day, Mary is hanging it with Laurel and Hardy in NOTHING BUT TROUBLE (1944) at 5pm!!! Then it's Mary with Ann Sothern again, and Jack Haley in DANGER-LOVE AT WORK (1937)!!! Charlie Ruggles and Charles Laughton yoik it up with Mary in the awesome comedy, RUGGLES OF RED GAP (1935)!!! Then it's my other total groove of the day, the rarely screened, THREE CORNERED MOON (1933)!!! Is this is a premiere, TCM heads? At any rate, it's pre-code baby, and that's always groovalicious!!! This one features Claudette Colbert, Richard Arlen, and Wally Ford in a pre-code flick I've not seen before and can't wait to!! Thank you, TCM!!!

My weekly grooves may be taking a brief semi-hiatus during the month of August, may pop up for individual days rather than weeks. Thank you for reading, and thanks to TCM for yet another week of total bomb-diggy flicks for us to move and groove to! Have a great week everyone!!

> {quote:title=tcmsnumberonefan wrote:}{quote}Please tell me that we'll hear from you on Glenda Farrell day.

Oh yeah!!! you can make book on that!!! For my wise-crackin' love, Glenda Farrell, it's be there or be square!!