Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gladys George Rocks!!

markbeckuaf

She's really something, isn't she??? Just watching her now in the 1937 version of MADAME X. For my money, this is the best of the versions, and it's largely because of Gladys!!! My main man Warren William is also in this one, and he's great too, of course---though his character seems like an off-beat hoot when you think of his pre-code wolf roots!!!

Gladys George really shines in an understated way, as she typically does in her flix! Really dig her!!

She certainly does rock! So many great performances, and a very engaging persona. As I'm sure you know, she's in one of the most iconic movie scenes ever -- the end of The Roaring Twenties ("He used to be a big shot.")

She was always good, though I might add she always reminded me a lot of Claire Trevor, maybe because they both often played the same type...tough world-weary dames who had been around the block more than a few times.

> {quote:title=lavenderblue19 wrote:}{quote}I was just about to post that, Swithin. My favorite performance is her Panama in *The Roaring Twenties*

> Mark, she absolutely ROCKS! Did anyone else notice that she was billed as Lady George in the opening credits? Did I see that right?

She got a bigger heart than Jean Arthur.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings