Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ellen DeGeneres to host Oscars for the 2nd time next year

I thought Ellen did a fine job when she hosted before. I'll admit, even SHE'LL admit her type of observational humor isn't for everyone. But who COULN'T find a gag like, "They say walking is good excersize. My Grandmother started walking in 1984, and now, we don't know WHERE the hell she is!"

As far as Showtime? Well, early on in Showtime's history, they had a "Stand Up" competition where several comics competed for some kind of title. I don't recall who came in first, but EDDIE MURPHY came in LAST!

So, THERE.

Sepiatone

this is the only way I can watch Ellen DeGeneres

small doses

she is funny but her act really gets annoying fast

I am sure she is a fabulous person but I cannot watch a whole hour long show

she totally stole Bob Newhart's act when starting out just watch old footage and then watch Bob Newhart

While I enjoy Ellen, I have held out hope for years that the Academy would ask Bette Midler to host. She's a "movie star", past Oscar nominee, a larger than life personality as in the stars of yore, and very, very funny ad-libbing or making Bruce Vilanch's lines seem hysterical. She's also had a hit movie within the past year. Alas........a missed opportunity.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings