Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SUSAN HAYWARD

fanofBabs

Hello

why is Susan Hayward again being ignored. Shes one of the greatest actresses the screen has known 5 time Oscar winner , won for I Want To Live..most deservedly She not on this months star of the day. and she hasnt been star of the month as long as Ive Been watching my favorite TV channel TCM,,, but I dont ubderstand why she hasnt been given her due credit and honor

Look at her list of Films:

I want To Live

Ill Cry Tomorrow

With A Song In My Heart

My Foolish Heat

Smash Up/Story of a Woman

House Of Strangers

Demetrius and The Gladiators

David and Bethsheba

Raw Hide

Reap The Wild Wind

Beau Geste

Back Street

Where Love Has Gone

I Thank A Fool

The Hairy Ape

Say Goodbye, Maggie Cole (TV film)

and on and on

She died so young so tragically . Was the second biggest box office star of the 1950s, and yet shes not getting RECOGNITION from TCM??? Many are wondering why She was a true beauty and a great superstar

She should be designated star of The Month soon

Im a FAN

Respectfuly

fanofbabs and SUSAN HAYWARD !! 8/4/13

I totally agree Susan Hayward deserves to be SOTM. She was one of the biggest stars of the 50s. Part of the problem may be that she attained her first recognition, and the enmity of the female stars, as a second lead player at Paramount in the first half of the 40s. At the end of the decade, she came under contract to 20th Century Fox, where she remained for most of the 50s. TCM has access to only a few of the films of Paramount or Fox. But they are able to negotiate with Fox at least, and she made enough films elsewhere that TCM should be able to get enough of her movies to cover a month. PS....she was nominated for an Oscar 5 times, which is what u meant to say I think.

This subject comes up from time to time. I still say they could do a SOTM w/out some of the Fox films. 3 of her Oscar nominated films are shown regularly (I'll Cry Tomorrow, Live and Smash Up or is it Crack Up?) I dont think TCM is pushing this hard enough.......

Well it may be wishful thinking but I'm hoping TCM is trying to aquire rights to movies they don't have to give the wonderful Susan Hayward the tribute she deserves. (otherwise I'll have to read all those threads that say 'how could TCM have Hayward as SOTM and NOT show,,,,,,). Oh, it never ends. :)