Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

James Dean

vickix33

One of my favorite actors of all time would have to be James Dean. Despite the fact, that he only made three films throughout his career, I still consider his films some of the greatest of all time. My favorite performace of his would have to be his potrayal of Cal Trask in the film East of Eden. Although I think he was excellent in Rebel Without A Cause and Giant, there is just something about his character Cal that I am so in enamoured with. He conveys such raw emotion on screen especially in the scene between Cal and his father when he hands him a considerable amount of cash, a birthday present, to supplement the money his father lost earlier on in the film. Which film would you consider as James Dean's most powerful performance? In general, what do you think of James Dean as an actor?

• 7 years later...

Last road trip before the pandemic, wifey and I drove to a wedding in San Lois Obispo and drove out to the spot where Dean was killed.  There's a diner about a half mile from the site that sells memorabilia and there's a memorial outside.  Kind of cool to visit if not a bit morbid.

• 10 months later...
On 8/4/2013 at 9:01 PM, vickix33 said:

One of my favorite actors of all time would have to be James Dean. Despite the fact, that he only made three films throughout his career, I still consider his films some of the greatest of all time. My favorite performace of his would have to be his potrayal of Cal Trask in the film East of Eden. Although I think he was excellent in Rebel Without A Cause and Giant, there is just something about his character Cal that I am so in enamoured with. He conveys such raw emotion on screen especially in the scene between Cal and his father when he hands him a considerable amount of cash, a birthday present, to supplement the money his father lost earlier on in the film. Which film would you consider as James Dean's most powerful performance? In general, what do you think of James Dean as an actor?

I consider Cal in East Of Eden Dean’s most powerful performance 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings