Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Must see lists

dedek

Here's an idea, some of you might think is fun...i was perusing the monthly schedule and was inspired to create a daily 'must see' list for the next week or so. i picked one movie each day (one with each featured actor, though an individual actor might show up more than once in a week). Include a little blurb telling why you think it's a "must see". Here's mine for the next week:

8/7: 10:00 PM - Double Indemnity - although it's Fred MacMurray day, and he plays this role well, I really watch it (over and over - i could watch this one anytime), I like it because it's one of my favorite actress' best movies: Barbara Stanwyck. Her performance is awe-inspiring for me. Yet another Wilder classic.

8/8: 8:00 PM - Ben-Hur: A Story of the Christ - I'm just excited to see this version for the first time.

8/9: 8:00 PM - The Cincinnati Kid - although there are several "must sees" on this day, most of them are just because the movies are really good - he didn't star in most of them - but this one showcases his talents well I think (Steve McQueen).

8/10: 1:00 PM - The Postman Always Rings Twice - Garfield and Turner play so well together...I don't know if anyone mentioned them in the 'pairings' thread...but if you haven't seen this one, set it to tape this Saturday!

8/11: 5:00 PM - Advise and Consent - I've never seen it, so it's a must see for me based on reputation.

8/12: - abstain - I'm not familiar with Deneuve's work, apparently, because I don't recall seeing any of the movies.

8/13: would that they had chosen 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' - I don't see anything outstanding today - i'll try to catch up!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings