Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Groovy SUTS Nuggets!!! Freddie Mac-Wed, Aug 7th!!!

markbeckuaf

Groovy SUTS Nuggets---Freddie Mac Day-Aug 7!!!

Freddie Mac is being honored with his very own SUTS day this Wed, Aug 7, and there are some groovy nuggets during the day I simply must give a shout out to!!! Too bad none of his 1930s flix show up during the day...maybe something for TCM to work on for another time, eh? Those would have been totally rad to see, but as it is there are some coolio noir and comedy flix to check out!!!

Starting at 6am, Freddie shows up with Jean Arthur and Melvyn Douglas in TOO MANY HUSBANDS (1940)!!! Then at 7:30am, gotta groove it to Marlene Dietrich and Aline MacMahon in THE LADY IS WILLING (1942)!!!

Taut, tense noir is the keyword in BORDERLINE (1950) at 11:30am with Claire Trevor and Raymond Burr (as a sleazebag heavy!)!! This is a PD flick and TCM has screened a fairly decent print in the past, so that's groovy cool!

At 8pm, it's the...what the heck is it, anyway??? But anyway, it's MURDER, HE SAYS (1945), a wild and wooly flick with Freddie Mac, Helen Walker, Porter Hall and Marjorie Main! Trippy feudin' and fussin'!!

10pm it's DOUBLE INDEMNITY (1944), and yeah, it's on a lot, but hey, it totally rox and always welcome!!

Then another noir that isn't screened as often shows up at 4am (wee hours), PUSHOVER (1954), with the luscious gorgeous Kim Novak, Phil Carey, Dorothy Malone and EG Marshall!!! Gotta dig it hard!!!

Groove on, brothers and sisters!!

I've always felt that Freddie Mac gets far too little respect for his film career (perhaps overshadowed by the whole *My Three Sons* era). If I have one comment regarding the day's line-up, it is a continuing wish to see *Coconut Grove* (1938) with Harriet Hilliard, despite the film's reputation.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings