Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's The Deal With All The Turquoise??

lydecker

What do you mean by; Turquoise of course comes originally from that country,,,

There is a lot of very nice turquoise from native Americans like the Hopi and Navaho. Are you saying these natives get the turquoise from Iran?

I have also found turquoise myself in California streams near Big Sur.

>Turquoise backgrounds on air and on-line. Gee, if I was a creative director (and I am) I don't think I would go all "Miami Vice" for TCM!

Yep, that's the direction they're goin' it seems.

But then again you might have ALSO caught Bob last night in his intros wearin' no socks and with the sleeves of his suit coat pushed up past his elbows too, huh! ;)

(...yep, and THIS is the very reason I still have my old Member's Only jacket hangin' in my closet...ya never know when stuff is comin' back in style, ya know!) LOL

I have recently read of new programs to filter content available to students and business workers. One of the first passes to determine if a website is acceptable is the basic color or a pattern of patches of specific colors.

Many shades of orange are perceived as possible flesh tones and so the sites are marked for further determinations before the site is deemed acceptable for viewing.

Research was done to identify colors dominating on types of sites.

Lilac/lavender was noted as being used predominately on personal websites of male homosexuals. It was a close second to be on websites of recipes and decorating tips of non-professionals.

I must wonder if it was the intent of the site designers to have the schedules associated with gays and housewives.

Turquoise is a soothing color. Many studies have been done on the way color affects people psycologically, which explains why certain colors are used in stores, prisons, clinics and so on. For example, greens and light blues have for years been used as the colors of the packs of menthol cigarettes to indicate their "cooling" properties.

I kinda like the new color scheme.

Sepiatone

TCMWebAdmin said in a post on Aug. 5:

*You will be seeing some cosmetic changes to the forums beginning today and across tcm.com. The development team is continuing to work on the changes, so in some cases you will see some odd spaces and strange color states. Please be patient, as this is a work in progress. The development team is also working on some new upgrades for the Fall.*

I'm the chair of the gym committee in my apartment building here in NYC. We getting some new equipment. The committee is now voting on the color choice for the walls. We've narrowed it down to seven colors -- a few of them are SCARY! My color of choice appears to be in the lead at the moment. There are 15 people on the committee. I wonder if that's how TCM is sorting out their design issues.

15 people on the Color Committee, huh? :)

I remember back in the late 1980s when my bank built a large new main office in town, and their walls were painted a soft purplish raspberry color. Then, purplish raspberry walls began turning up in buildings all over town

Well, our most important task was to pick the new equipment and decide where to place it. We've pretty much sorted that out. But the color choice is next, and it's a challenge between those who want to make a fashion statement (like your bank, Fred) and those who simply want a relaxing innocuous light color (like me). Our next task will be choosing the television units. Our new system will allow us only 16 or 17 channels, and we have to select them! That will be fun. Hopefully TCM will make the cut.

> {quote:title=Swithin wrote:}{quote}

> But the color choice is next, and it's a challenge between those who want to make a fashion statement (like your bank, Fred) and those who simply want a relaxing innocuous light color (like me).

I believe it may be worth your time to view a scientific evaluation of the effects of color:

I apologize as this is far off-topic but one of my favorite anecdotes is of a bank which remodeled and part of the new decor was a white floor with randomly-placed black tiles. The bank had been open some months when a customer asked for money because he had read the floor. I believe you can imagine the confusion which followed! That was when the bank learned that the "randomly-placed" black tiles spelled out in Morse Code: "If you can read this you win a thousand dollars".

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> Are there any places for which soothing colors are inappropriate? Like where they want to get people riled up and to start shoving and puching one another?

Rooms in which people prepare for contact sports.

Sans, after readin' this earler post of yours here...

>Lilac/lavender was noted as being used predominately on personal websites of male homosexuals. It was a close second to be on websites of recipes and decorating tips of non-professionals. I must wonder if it was the intent of the site designers to have the schedules associated with gays and housewives.

...I gotta ask ya the following here:

Because I think Louis Jourdan is prettier than Tyrone Power, does this mean my new favorite color should be Lilac/Lavender???

LOL

(...you'd had have to have read the "Joan Fontaine is British" thread to get this one!) ;)

>and I AM WOMAN LOL (and a housewife, so I guess I fall into that 2nd category, not the first Sans Fin mentions)

Well of COURSE, Lavender! 'Cause IF you fell into that FIRST category, you'd probably be more inclined to be talkin' about who was sexier: Ava Gardner or Rita Hayworth!!!

(...well, I suppose that would be if you were one of those "Lipstick" kinds of the "first category" anyway, huh!) ;)

LOL

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings